Fever That Won't Go Away After 2 1/2 Days, Too High for Teething

Any ideas of what could be causing a fever at 7 1/2 months. No excessive drooling, no runny nose, but lots of whinning and eating and sleeping issues.

Decided to go the Dr. It was an ear infection. Glad I went...now I have the meds and hope to get a good night sleep.

My daughter just had this too. She also had congestion. Her doctor suggested we give her Tylenol Fever-all. It is a supository (sp?) and that helped her fever go down. Also make sure you are giving the correct dosage of Tylenol/Motrin. Tylenol= 15mg/kg, Motrin= 10mg/kg. (1kg=2.2 lbs) Also try giving some Pedialyte. I hope your baby starts to feel better soon!!

You can alternate tylenol and motrin and if I remember once from my kids you can do the tylenol every three until it breaks but check with your pedi. By the way, my experience with fever, sleeping and eating issues has been it is almost always an ear infection.

Call her doctor, you don't want to take any chances... she may still be teething, she could maybe have an ear infection, could be a number of things...
God Bless

Ear Infection?? Make an appointment to see your doctor. I know it can be scary being a first time mom. It will be okay.

Hey there!
Sorry your little one is sick. Sounds like it might be an ear inection. If you haven't had them checked, I would and if it has been a few days, you might have them checked again. Hope your little one is better soon!

Our babies got the roseola virus. It is a viral infection which means there's not much you can do for it except treat the fever with tylenol and motrin. A few days after the fever stops baby/child gets a rash (small red spots)all over the body which is the only way you can tell they had roseola. At that point the virus is over. Of course this is only one of many things that could be bothering your baby but I remember being a 1st time mom and our baby getting this and not being able to figure it out. Our 3rd baby got it too and I wasn't as shocked when she woke up with a horrible rash all over a day after she had ran fever for 3 days straight.

We are in flu season, so I would NOT take any chances. It could be as simple as an ear infection. I would call your pediatrician. Better to be safe than sorry! Good Luck! Hope your baby feels better soon!

It could be an ear ache. My daughter had ear aches in both of her ears for almost the first two years of her life. She was miserable and so was I. If her fever is that high I would try getting her into a doctor.

1 / 3