Fever Blisters

I have been getting fever blisters every couple months. I can't seem to get rid of them. They are on my top lip of in my nose. Please help!!

Ugh, I hate fever blisters! What has worked for me is this. Usually when I'm starting to get one I feel a little tingling and itching around the spot (mine are always in the same spot). Once I feel that I take a few Lysine tablets (over the counter vitamin). That usually stops it from coming on through. I know some people take this vitamin daily as to keep the blisters away but I don't get them that often so just taking a few when they're starting to pop up works for me. If I don't get it in time and it pops up anyway then I take prescription Valtrex. I've tried abreva but it didn't work for me. Hope this helps.

K., i have those too....take Llysine and 1000 mg of C a day....hope it works for you, it did for me....

I too get fever blisters, but far less than I used to. They are part of the same virus as Chicken Pox and it becomes active in your system at times - and the bad part, you'll either get none or many. Get a prescription of Valtrex and the minute you feel on coming on (you know the symptoms, small sensitive spot, tingling ..) take it immediately and sometimes have to take another 12 hours later. I can usually take just one and it never progresses and any symptoms are gone by the next day. Only one or two pills do the trick so a rx lasts for a fairly long time. It's worth the cost of the medicine because mine would last a week or more and be terrible uncomfortable. Hope this helps!

I also have horrible fever blisters and the only thing I have found that works for me is Valtrex. It has to be prescribed by a doctor and it can be expensive (especially if you don't have insurance). I can always tell when I am getting them and I'll take 1000mg then and then another 1000mg 12-24 hours later and it works wonders for me.

It may not be a fever blister. See a dermatologist. Several years ago, I had a spot on the tip of my nose that would become irritated, swell and bleed every couple of months. It turned out to be a skin cancer. I had it removed and luckily it was benign. I have had no trouble since!

I use to have that same problem. I was told I was having break outs due to a nut allergy. I cannot eat nuts, or anything with nuts, peanut butter etc. Also dark colas. But, I also was told if I had a break out or felt like one was coming on I take L-Lysine. You can take it daily to prevent or if I have a break out I take 2 tablets 3 times a day. I ask my Pharmicist about this and said it would be fine. This was a great help to me. I have shared this with many people who most of them has had good results. Also daily I put 30 sunscreen on my lips when i put on my lipstick this has helped me not to break out in the sun. The sun will make you fever blisters pop out. Good Luck and I hope this info helps you as much as it has me.

I used to get them really bad as a kid, and I still get them now when I get stressed out or sick. I had a prescription ointment called Zovirax that I used to use, now I mostly use Abreva (over the counter) when I have an outbreak.

I used to get them one right after the other until someone suggested that I take a vitamin called L-Lysine. You can get it at Wal-Mart, after taking them for a while, I have never gotten another one.

K. your body is low on amino acid you can go to the vitamin shelf and find a vitamin called L_LYSINE and follow the dosage and it will help to get rid of the fever blisters and if you take it daily you won't get them any more from S. i am 62 and been dong this all my life best of luck

1 / 3