Fertility Pills - Natural (Over the Counter)

This may seem like a silly question, but if I dont ask I would never know.

Is there any sort of natural or over the counter type of pill to take to help increase fertility? Anything that anyone out there has had experience with that you felt helped you get pregnant. Im not sure that I have fertility issues, because I got pregnant with my first son within 3 months, but we are ready for our next and have been trying now for a few months and so far nothing, so I am just looking for advice or ideas on how I can get my body to be as ready as I am!!

I have been charting my fertility, and have purchased ovulation test kits. I am just looking for additional ideas out of the normal charting/testing to support or increase odds of conceiving!

Thanks!!

Try Whole Foods. Solaray is the brand name and it is called Fertility Blend SP-1. I don't know if it works because I did not get pregnant using it but I only tried taking the pills a couple months.

Go to the Chiropractor, and hubby too. I worked in the field for 10 years and I can't even tell you how many people came in for other issues (we didn't even know they were trying), and they were pregnant really fast!

It really works, and anything can help!

C

Hi Jen,

I run an infertility support group and suffered myself for years before conceiving via the medical field.
Skip all the OTC meds, ovulation kits, taking temp, teas, herbs right now. They will not help if you truly need medical intervention. If you get regular periods, that's good, if not you need to see a reproductive specialist or at least your OB/GYNY. Secondary infertility is not uncommon, depending on your age.
Acupuncture is great for relaxing, which is very important in trying to concieve. When you make trying to get pregnant a "mission/job/obsession", your stress levels increase dramatically. The more negative results you get, the worse the stress gets. Taking a month or two off helps getting back to a normal more relaxed lifestyle. Women in my group often "take a break" from all the meds and testing so they can just find themselves again. If after a few more months nothing happens, please go see someone. Feel free to contact me if you want to talk more.
Best wishes, S.-

There isn't anything legit OTC or half the world would be taking it. The general medical advice is: take folic acid supplements, excercise, avoid caffeine and alcohol, if you need to loose weight - do so now. Charting and ovulation predictors are useful. Then try to relax as stress can suppress ovulation. Infertility issues are only suspected if you have been trying for a year. I found charting very useful because even if you are quite regular, you can ovulate a little earlier in your cycle or a little later generally and so you can mistime things based on an assumption that you are ovulating exactly in the middle. Good luck.

If you have been charting, that is the greatest way to achieve pregnancy. Make sure you are taking your basal temperature and recording them, as well as cervical mucous, on a chart or at fertilityfriend.com.
There are no over the counter remidies to increase fertility. It takes the average couple 6-12 months to get pregnant with good timing. If you know your fertile window, and you are having sex then, you have a 20% (every month) to make a baby. 20% is the highest number any couple gets, ever.

If you want to learn more about your body, your cycle and charting I would suggest the book, Taking Charge of Your Fertility.
http://www.amazon.com/Taking-Charge-Your-Fertility-Annive...

After reading previous responses, I wanted to add that folic acid/prenatal vitamins will NOT get you pregnant. It is a great supplement to take though while trying to concieve. This ensures that your newly developing baby will get all the nutrients it needs during the earliest stages of pregnancy if you take a prenatal during this time.

Also, asprin is an NSAID pain reliever. Nsaid pain relievers taken during the two week wait (the time between ovutation and your expected period) can cause problems with implantation. This can lead to conception, but no implantation or even miscarriage if the baby is able to implant but not able to grow. Do not start an asprin regiment with out the aid of your OB/GYN.

Have you ever concidered Acupuncture? Dr. Matthew Hoffman DC in Bourbonnais has had success with 8 women, who had been through various fertility methods. He can also talk to you about nutrients. Good Luck..

Don't know what exactly worked for me in the end, but:

Eat healthy
Get plenty of rest
Intercourse every day, days 12-18 of your cycle
Eliminate alcohol completely
Eliminate / decrease caffeine
Yoga for fertility
Acupuncture

Check out www.pullingdownthemoon.com for the yoga and acupuncture and more. Good luck!

It really works, and anything can help!

C

I drank this tea from the "Traditional Medicinals" brand. It's called Pregnancy Tea. It's supposed to strengthen and tone your uterus. Anyway, I had great results on it, and have recommended it to a friend as well. I drank a cup in the morning and one at bedtime until the pregnancy test said POSITIVE! It only took a month both times I used it. The first time we tried to get pregnant, we tried for three months, and then I started drinking the tea, and that fourth month it happened. The second time, when we were ready to start trying, I started in on the tea again, and it happened right away. It's made from all natural herbs that are recommended for pregnancy, such as raspberry leaf and nettle.

1 / 3