Fertility Drugs

Has anyone taken Provera and Clomid? I am going to start taking them probably tomorrow. I am taking Provera so that I can have a period. I had a miscarriage last September and since then I have only had 3 periods. I have been trying for over a year to get pregnant. I am OK with the thought that I might have twins.

I have taken Clomid after trying to conceive my 3rd child. We tried for 15 months before going on Clomid. I got pregnant on the third month of Clomid use. As I lay here next to my 6 month old I can say that I highly recommend it! Be prepared for an emotional time though. Clomid can make you have some amazing mood swings. Worth it though!

Hi, I don't know much about fertility drugs but I do have a condition called polycystic ovaries which causes many women to have a hard time conceiving because you constantly do not ovulate and miss periods, its very frustrating because you never know when you will ovulate. I have had to take hormones to regulate the issue and no longer get periods, its like menopause at 28 years old :) so having more kids will not happen for me, but I was able to conceive with lots of trying :). Have you had an ultrasound to rule out any ovarian problems???
I really wish you all the best and hope you have many, many healthy beautiful babies!

E.

I took Clomid and had a wonderful experience with it. Reading the internet prior to taking it made me think it would make me feel terrible... However, it was a great experience. Each month my progesterone would jump and it took 4 cycles of clomid for me to actually begin ovulating. On the 4th cycle, I finally ovulated and conceived my beautiful daughter who turns one in August. I am glad you are okay with twins. I was okay with that too, but my husband was not. Thank God we only had one, which was all we wanted to complete our family. We already had two children. The third child is the one that took years to conceive. Clomid is amazing! I wish you the best!

i have not personally taken clomid, but a good friend of ours took it years ago, and had twin boys. they were happy with two boys, and decided that they would not use any fertility treatments again, but would also not use any birth control. just see what happened. they figured that they could not get pregnant without the clomid. well the clomid must have jump started her body, cuz they had a daughter two years later, and another son two years after that, and finally had a tubal, because they were done. i have heard many say clomid is a life saver, and they cant get pregnant without it, so good luck and i hope you get the baby you have been praying for.

My body did not bounce back chemically when I went off the pill. My cycle was 4 weeks, 6 weeks, 8 weeks, then I bled for 45 days. Not the ideal scenario for anyone, let alone a couple trying to conceive.

I did the same thing, Provera to induce a period and then Clomid to help induce ovulation. I did three months of increasing dosages, temperature charting...the works. I made my doctor look at the temperature charts since I couldn't make heads or tails of them. Low and behold, I was in the 2% that it didn't work for. I decided to give up on the baby idea for a while...too much pressure on myself. The next month we got pregnant, no fertility drugs, even though I still credit Clomid for jump starting my hormones again.

If I recall correctly, the odds of having twins are about the same as the odds for having twins without using any fertility drugs.

Good luck and God bless.

I had irregular periods, still do, and when we were trying my MD felt I needed something to make me ovulate more regularly so I started on the lowest dose of clomid they had at the time (this was 13 years ago). Well, it worked... twins! Prior to clomid we had been trying for over a year or so, keeping calendars, trying the ovulation testing etc... I was on it for about 6 months but part of the time my husband was deployed. I don't remember the emotions being an issue but it could have been. After that when we decided to have another baby we just let it happen if it did. It took over a year that time but had our youngest. Hope this helps and twins are wonderful if it happens. Good Luck and may God Bless.

E.

I took Clomid with both of my girls. The first time I wasn't regular enough to conceive and at one point they doubled the dose. I got pregnant after four months of it but had tried a year. The second time they gave it to me for the same reasons and, again, it took about four months of trying. I also charted my temperature. No twins either time.

Hi~

I don't know anything about 'types/brands' of fertility treatments, but I'm sure the 'net' has much info if that's what you're concerned about.

Anyway, look up Jon and Kate plus 8 or the Duggar Family (both have had reality shows on TLC/Discovery. How many kids to have is TOTALLY an individual couple's preference/decision; and if you want to be a parent to more, by all means try! We've raised our 4 (only one of which was 'planned'), and I wouldn't trade them (or the investment we made in them) for anything. Now we're enjoying the blessing of GRAND-kids! Oh, what a joy!

God bless you in your endeavor to 'parent'!

1 / 3