Feeding Eggs to a 7 Month Old?

When am I able to feed eggs to my baby? She is 7 months old and I am wanting to introduce some non-baby food into her diet. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for all of the good advice. I will wait until she is at least 1 and clear it through the pediatrician at the 1 year appointment. I tried the baked sweet potato last night and she loved it. Thanks again.

Not a good idea I found out the hard way with that. You are suppose to introduce eggs when a child is one. The child could be allergic to eggs and 7 months is to soon. Try oatmeal or real rice or grits my son did well with those. Good Luck

My doctor told me I could feed my baby anything except milk and honey after 6 months. My 10 1/2 month old loves scrambled eggs.

Both of my children ate scrambled/froed eggs sometimes for breakfeast at that age...each child is different though...they loved eggs and still do!!

Hi Julie! Before becoming a stay at home mom I worked for a group of allergist who recommend waiting until one year of age before introducing eggs. This is a common food allergy among children. I have a 10 month old and we have not given her eggs. Allergic reactions can be very serious,but are even more so in babies. That's why it is best to wait before introducing foods that are more likely to cause an allergic reaction until your little one is a little older. Hope this helps!

My pedi told me that my sweet girl needed to be at least 1 for eggs due to allergies! We did mashed pot, sweet pot....soft stuff like that!

I'd wait til she's one! In the meantime, you can feed her mashed potato,oatmeal,avocado...and pretty much all the packaged baby food stuff but make it yourself with fresh veggies and fruits. just steam then puree in blender. :)

at 7 mos,she should only be snacking on these solid foods(HALF of a stage 1 container twice a day) as breastmilk or fomula is to be her main source of nutrition.

as she gets a bit older, you gradually increase her solid food intake and can feed her chopped tender foods when she grasps the idea of chewing.

No eggs until at least a year old. You can offer her mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, french fries, carrots, peas, green beans. Also, toasted bread, saltines, ritz crackers, bananas, thinly sliced and peeled apples, thinly sliced and peeled pears, thinly sliced and peeled peaches, quartered and peeled grapes, chopped chicken, chopped up beef, chopped up turkey, chopped ham, chopped pork, rice, casseroles, etc. Basically, she can eat whatever you eat as long as you make sure to chop it very small and that it's very tender. But no eggs, citrus fruits or nuts.

I would wait until she is a year old. I gave my youngest eggs prior to that and we discovered that he is allergic. I wish we would have waited. Try avocados.

I'd be careful with the peas...they come from the same legume as peanuts. This is how we found out my youngest son was allergic to peanuts. Everytime we gave him baby food with anything that had peas in it he would get sick immediately and get a rash around his mouth. He was tested and we found out he was allergic to egg whites, too. He has almost outgrown the egg white one now, but the peanut allergy is for life. Good luck!

1 / 3