Favorite Disney Movies for 3 Year Old

My son just turned 3 in January and we would like to occassionally have a family movie night. I would like to purchase a few Disney animated movies. There are so many and I don't know which would be age appropriate for my son. What were your kids favorite Disney movies at 3 to 4 years old?

Thank you for all of the feedback. Based on the responses, I plan to get Toy Story, Finding Nemo, Madasgascar and Ice Age. We already have Cars and A Bugs Life. I also just picked up several Disney VHS tapes. We still have a VCR in the kids play room! My son watched Jungle Book for the first time last night and seemed to really enjoy it! Thanks again everyone!

CARS!!! But good luck getting them to watch anything else! My son is obsessed and does not want to watch anything other than CARS.

My 3 1/2 year old son LOVES the movie CARS. You've gotten lots of great suggestions, but I would definitely say that's a hit with most every young boy I know.

When my son was that age, he was afraid of many of the Disney movies, because on the back of the box there was always a photo of a "bad" guy, so he wouldn't watch many of the classics. He loved any of the Winnie the Pooh movies, because there isn't any scary stuff in them. The Tigger Movie was a favorite.

Finding NEMO is a favorite in our house....also Jungle Book (the original), DUMBO was one we watched over and over again! Have fun!

Hi C.! If you want to go the non-animated route, my 3 year old LOVES Milo and Otis and Homeward Bound. They are both rated G and very cute. You can usually find Milo and Otis at Target for under five dollars.

hi C....Congrats on yer family. :) Finding Nemo, Lion king, Pooh's Heffalump movie, and Bambi 2 i would put at the top of my list. altho not Disney, Land before time movies are also #1 , not so crazy about the tv series, but the movies were excellent. Have Fun :)...mother of 3 boys here...18, 16, and 5. :)

An all time favorite is Fantasia. It has a lot of color, movement and music that keeps the kids interested.

Hello C.,

My son loves Whorton Hears a Who, Toy Story, Cars, Robots, and amazingly Under Dog. Hope this helps.

Have a good day!

My grandson loves Toy Story and Toy Story 2.

My daughter is 3 1/2 & she loves Mary Poppins, Sleeping Beauty, Fox & the Hound, Cars, The Emperors New Groove, & The Little Mermaid.
Hope that helps out!

My kids love Bambi, Peter Pan, & Toy Story. My boys are 2 & 4. I just started introducing the movies to them this year, and they have watched all three of them over and over. So far, their favorite is Bambi. They don't seem to mind that it looks "old" and isn't digitally enhanced. In my opinion, the older Disney movies would be better for younger children because of the language and violence in the newer movies. The bad language and violence seem to get more acceptable by society each year, so we are seeing it more and more in children's movies. Just my opinion, though.

1 / 3