Fatigue in 11 Year Old

does anyone have a child that has ongoing fatigue ( feels weak and tired) and feels bad with gastric issues ( gas pains, burping)?
My daughter is 11 years old , almost 12. This has been onging for several months.

I agree with the other moms that a dr visit is definitely in order. In addition to the other suggested diagnoses, I would suggest the possibility of reflux, which would produce these symptoms as well.

There are so many causes for fatigue in a child her age. I'd highly recommend making an appointment with the pediatrician.

I'd also try to assess if it is accompanied by weight loss, nausea, swollen lymph nodes (non tender), occurs when she eats certain foods/does certain activities.

While it could be food derived, only your pediatrician can rule out food-related issues compared to mononucleosis, thyroid issues, certain cancers, etc. If it is extreme, it is worth a visit to the pediatrician.
Good luck - hoping it's nothing serious.

I would have her checked by an allergist. It could be that she has a wheat, gluten, milk, etc. allergy. All of them can cause stomach issues and fatigue.

At age 11 I was having the exact same symptoms and doctor's and my mom wrote it off as puberty and hormone changes. Problem was I hadn't even gotten my period yet or seen any signs of that change. After months and the symptoms escalating into literally sleeping for most of the month that we were over seas on vacation, bloody stools, mood changes, along with weight loss my mom took me to the pediatrician. He sent us to a pediatric gastroenterologis. I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. Then 7 years later got diagnosed with celiac disease as well. Trust your gut, and hers, get to a doctor and don't settle until you feel you have the right diagnosis.

i am having the same problem with my 11 year old girl. She loves soccer but for the past few months she wants to sleep so much and complains of gastric issues and neck and back pain. Any info will be helpful! Thanks!

Not to scare you but is it depression? I know she is young but I started having symptoms at 9. Aslo, just a few other medical issues that I am familiar with that could cause those symptoms especially if she has flu like pains would be rhematiod arthritis and fibromyalgia.

Sounds like chronic candida. Look up symptoms and I bet I'm right no the money. I use Nutrition Now's PB8 for my family, including my kids. My 22 month old asks for it every night. Foods that set it off are breads/crackers, dairy, sugar, mushrooms, grapes, etc. It's about $22 for a bottle of it and it rocks. You can find it locally at Vitamin Cottage or Whole Foods. I would do this way before taking her in for drugs like Cymbalta which are now touted for depression AND firbromyalgia. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Have you told her doctor? If she's menstruating, it could make her slightly anemic which may make her tired. Thyroid problems can also make you tired. If you have a family history, she may want to have that checked. Either way, she should see her doctor about it.

1 / 3