Fast, Quick, Easy Dinners

Hi ladies I returned to work and in 2 weeks I have a week long training (I normally will not be working during the day) I will be gone from 8-6 the entire week and I need some easy quick dinner ideas for hubby because he will be home first. My kids aren't too picky the only thing my oldest won't eat is casseroles and the crockpot is out ecause even on low mine seems to cook faster than most.
Thanks :)

What about tacos?? While the meat is cooking, chop up some lettuce & tomatoes, shred some cheese, bake the taco shells to a heavenly crisp (3 minutes) and.....wah lah!!! Mmmmmmm (we had them last night!)

Dump some frozen italian meatballs (Yes, use frozen) in your crockpot and a large jar of spaghetti sauce. When your husband comes home, all he has to do is make the pasta and garlic bread. You could also have bagged salad on hand and the kids could help dole that out in bowls while the pasta is cooking.

I can't wait to see what all suggestions you get!

Spaghetti
Hot Dogs and mac and cheese
Tacos
Burritos
Put Chicken breasts in marinade before you leave. It cooks for 30 min. at 375 (uncovered so it doesn't look pale and sickly). Add a baked potato (done in microwave) and a veggie. He litterally has to put chicken in a pan and push some buttons.

Sams club has this carne meat, it is $10 but we get 3-5 dinners out of it.. we make our own steak & cheese quesedas.

I have a programmable crock pot.. it turns to a warmer when it is done. We use it several times a week. Have you tried putting food in frozen?

Sloppy Joes, ground beef, tomato soup, and 2 table spoons of open pit BBQ sauce, add onion and green pepper. you can make it the night before.

You can get turkey from the deli, have it cut thick, steam bags to cook potatoes, gravy and another veggie and have a quick turkey dinner. Just warm the turkey.

Canned chicken, you can make chicken salad, or chicken tacos.

Pasta with red sauce and a salad

Burgers on the grill

Breaded boneless chicken tenderloins in the oven (30 min)

These are my quick and easy staples:
Spaghetti
Tacos
Grilled Chicken/Hamburgers

Also, maybe make up a pan of lasagna or enchiladas or something and throw in the freezer. He can just take it out and pop it in the oven to cook.

If you put the dinner together in the crock pot the night before and refridgerate it,t hat can help with the fast crock pot issue. Also, somethings are more forgiving than others in a fast slow cooker. (soups, stuffed peppers, even meatballs-my sauce gets burned around the edges a little but they still taste yum!)
You can make pulled pork on the weekend in the crock pot. (Take a roast, some sliced onions and a little sauce. roast on low for 8 hours. Shred meat, add more sauce and cook one more hour or Husband can heat it up, slice some rolls and have pulled pork sandwiches.
ALso, reward yourself for your hard work and get take out one night!

Home made pizza! I tend to make a big batch of home made pizza dough, prebake and freeze the crusts (think home made Boboli, but frozen instead of preserved) but you can buy crust or use tortillas or english muffins or bagels or.....

I also tend to cook up a mixture of hamburger, Italian sausage, garlic, onion and mushrooms, and freeze flat in baggies-- really quick to top a pizza or stir into a pasta sauce. Or you can use up your leftovers-- Taco Pizza or BBQ Pizza or (my personal favorite!) Sloppy Joe Pizza

Breakfast for supper is quick and easy too!

1 / 3