Farm Animal Themed Bday for 2 yr...ideas on Snacks and Games

Hi ladies,

You have all been so great at helping me with ideas for things like this, so I need your help once again :)

My daughter loves animals and going to petting zoos, so we figured a farm animal themed bday party would be perfect for her. We are having indoors, because it is an early Nov bday and there is a good chance of the weather being too cold for outside,

Anyhow, do you all have any ideas on snacks (keeping with the farm theme) and same thing for games or little activities for the kids? The ages range from 18 months -5 (mostly 2 yr olds)

As always, I am going for the most economical route :)

Thanks so much!

This is so much fun! Thank you all for your wonderful ideas! This has given me lots of possibilities on what I can do to make her party fun and special for her and her little friends!

Thank you all so much...I love this!

When they arrive, you could have them decorate a farm animal mask. For the most economical, just print them off the internet and cut out. Let the kids color them. You could make it a little fancier, by letting them put foam stickers on them.

Then you could use their mask to play Old McDonald. You could always dress up as the farmer.

You could attempt some version of hide and go seek by having an adult or the older children hide and occasionally make animal sounds for the kids to find. You could tell them that they were hunting for the cow, pig, horse, etc.

You have several other great ideas but I thought I would give you those too. Might google search "farm preschool activities" and get a host of others you could adapt.

How about apple slices for a snack, since they are seasonal and found on a farm often (horses like them, right?) and for a game you could read Boynton's "Barnyard Dance" and teach the kids how to do-si-do and promenade. That would be adorable.

It's not really a "farm" thing, but you could do Ants on a Log - which is Celery with peanut butter with raisins. My son just invented Ants on a Rock the other day and that is Graham Crackers with peanut butter and raisins. Thought I would share - it was really cute.

hi
well, animal cookies in those cute lil red boxes are always fun. maybe for a party favor. Also, I had a friend who bought an ARC themed pinata.. and on the deck, she put all these little stuffed animals that she purchased.. about the size of an adults fist, small enough to fit all around the deck of the arc. it was really cute..
you can also do a little swimming pool filled with water and let them fish for duckies.. they have the pole and fishes with magnets on them..

Cute, cute, cute! I think you don't want to do too many games or activities since the birthday girl and most of the guests are only 2, so I would pick a few you really like. If it were me, I'd stick with 2, maybe 3 things to do.

I would suggest tatoos, I'm sure you can find farm animal ones! They are always a big hit at all my parties. You have some good suggestions for games, pin the tail on the donkey is pretty cute! You could also do some sort of 'barn' dance..even if it's just playing music and letting them dance around! I also saw on Oriental Trading Co some balloons that look like pigs, chickens, and cows. Cute!

As far as snacks and food I would definitely go with a lot of fruits and veggies, it goes with the theme! They do make animal crackers in barn animals, you may just have to look for them or Google them. You could do toasted coconut stacks...or even better dip chow mein noodles in chocolate and then stack them up in big blobs to look like hay stacks. You can buy Baker's chocolate in a little tub you just pop in the microwave in the choc. chip aisle, I've used them before and they're great! If your child likes Jello you could also do a jello mold in the theme...either find a cake pan that is farmish or just use a round cake pan and some strawberry jello (greased and sugared of course) and then decorate it to look like a pig face with some cut up fruit or piped whipped cream.

For goody bags you could do little figurines or farm animal puppets. I bet you could also find little puzzles with a farm theme.

Check out the Oriental Trading Co website for other inspiration and cheap things to go with your theme!

For a snack idea, you can make rice crispies treats and roll them in toasted coconut , wrap a thin piece of licorice around them (think Twizzler pull and peels that have been pulled apart) and call them "hay bales".

Animal crackers came to my mind first off. Then there are some fruit snacks that have animal shapes too.

You could sing Old MacDonald and have each child (or small group) be the sound of a different animal.

I had one of my son's parties at a local farm and I found small velvet painting/marker sets for about a dollar each which made a nice craft favor.

Pig piñata?

Pin the tail on the donkey, of course!

Food? Hmmmm......cupcakes with barns, haystacks?

1 / 3