Family Games

I am looking for some family friendly game suggestions. My children are 9, 8, and 6. We play games as a family on Sunday night and I am looking for some games appropriate for all of us. Right now we play Uno or Monopoly.
Any ideas?

Thanks for all the great ideas! This is the best place online for mommy info!!!!!

BEST GAME EVER - SPOONS!!!!!

It can also be called pig or tongue. It is very simple - each person gets 4 cards, and you put spoons in the middle of the table with one less than is playing. Kind of like musical chairs - one less chair. You keep passing cards from the deck until someone has 4 of a kind (or three of a kind if you want the game to go faster). Everyone grabs a spoon. The last person gets the letter "S" (like playing HORSE or PIG in basketball). The first one to spell "SPOON" is out.

We usually have so much fun playing that we don't remember who has what letters.

As a kid, my aunts and uncles played a couple of times. I think at one point we had a very large table of 11 playing.

Have fun!

http://boardgames.about.com/od/cardgames/a/spoons.htm

Sorry......Parcheese........War (cards).......Go Fish..... Pit......Aggrevation......Blokus.......SNAP......Jenga....
Kerplunk.......Memory.......Old Maid.........

We have a 6 year old and she plays ALL of these. Are also appropriate for the 8 & 9 year olds.

My family always played Rummikub when I was growing up and it's made a come-back. My kids LOVE it (ages 3 and 5 -- the toddler is too young). Even my 3 year old can play with just a little help. We play it everytime we visit my parents or my sister and her family (neice/nephew are 10 and 13 and love it, too). Very easy but fun and requires a little thinking -- which isn't a bad thing. :)

BEST GAME EVER - SPOONS!!!!!

Have fun!

I don't know if you've ever heard of this game. It's an old one, but so much fun at our family get-togethers. Especially for kids! It's called Funny Bones. It's very simple for any children to understand. If you would like to know more just e-mail me! But, it is very fun and can get you rolling!!

We played scrabble with our girls (11,9,5) it was a blast. We decided to start a theme night for it. All cartoon names or words that start with certain letters. You don't always have to stick to the rules. Pictionary is also a lot of fun.

We play a fun game that is frugal and costs nothing really!
It can be a short game or last as long as you like.
You'll need some index card or cut up some paper squares...whatever not really important what it's made out of.
If your 6 year old can't read yet you can draw pictures.
Let's say example you draw a horse..a pig..a house..a ball...you shuffle all the cards up and each person draws a card and tapes it to the other person's forehead. Each player does not know what is taped to his forehead so mum's the word. You take turns giving clues to each other as to what is in the picture on their forehead. We set the timer for 3 mins and if you guess you get a point if you don't no point...it's a fun silly game and the kids like it because mom and dad look just as goofy with paper taped to their forehead.
Love that you have a family day that's fantastic I wish more families myself included did that!

I know this may sound crazy, but my dad taught me Euchre when I was 6. With my brother and sister and me, he finally had a fourth to play (my mom hated to play cards). We played until we were all adults.

We have 8- and 4-year old boys, and we like to play Zooreka as a family; we've also played Sorry together. Some other games that I think your whole family could play are Canasta, Skip-bo, and Scrabble (maybe the junior edition for that one). Have you done puzzles together?

I love dice games - Yahtzee, Farkel and Stacks are a few and they are easy to learn and play. I won't go into a description of them. Dominoes is good too. There is also a game called LCR that is dice too. Have fun. We are working on starting that at our house, but we are still in the Candyland, Chutes and Ladders stage. Which I will say - I think I have only won Chutes and Ladders twice in about 2 years. Oh well! The kids have fun and that is the point right?

1 / 3