Family Fall Pictures What Colors Should We Wear?

We are getting ready to do our family fall pictures but I don't know if we should wear red or go with black. What do you all think would look best? Thanks

How about both? Some wear red, some black. I don't typically like everyone wearing same color, but coordinating colors is good.

I am a photographer and I think red would be nice, but if you pair it with black pants, it just seems more like christmas to me rather than fall. If you wear red, then I would say to just wear jeans. I REALLY love royal blues and purples and browns though for fall and that is what I usually tell my customers to wear if they ask.

It depends on your family's coloring. My family looks better in blues/browns/greens/gray than reds/blacks.

I personally think denim or black slacks would look great with brown tops/dresses for fall, with maybe red accents.

Also, are you going outdoors, or ill it be inside a studio? What color will look best with the background? If your family looks good in red and black, why not do both? Black slacks, red tops, red dress, red tie, black polo, red and black plaid shirts, sound a little more formal.

We did family fall pictures a couple of years ago and chose to go with blacks, browns and subtle animal prints. It worked well for everyone and our pictures turned out great!
Hope that helps!
A.

We did ours last fall with read and black and they came out great. I had a red sweater with a red/black/white plaid scarf and black pants. The boys had similar plaid shirts. My husband wore a read sweater with some black lines on it.
Hope yours turn out as well!

I have an uncle & a friend who are both pro photographers. They both recommend long-sleeved shirts....either all in black or all in white. Both colors make the face "pop" out of the picture.

They both prefer faded jeans for the entire family, & they prefer bare feet, too!

I just saw this article posted on a friends FB page. It talks about what to wear for family photos. I think it's a few posts down on the page.

https://www.facebook.com/jordan.parks.photography

I'm not a fan of red colored clothes in general. But if that color happens to look good on your family go for it.

1 / 3