Facial Wart

My 6 year old daughter has a wart above her upper lip...her pediatrician said to get wart remover and that should do...but all of the wart removers indicate DO NOT USE ON FACE? Besides going back to the doc and clarifying the issue, do any of you have other thoughts or advice on what to do to get rid of it? thanks!

I want to thank everyone for the great advice! I have so many different options I am going to start with a cream I found (googled facial warts)! See how that goes...again...All of you left wonderful advice! Much appreciated!

Ask her pediatrician about having it frozen off. My oldest son had a mole on his neck when he was young and his doctor froze it off with liquid hydrogen or nitrogen (can't remember which. At any rate, you need to get rid of it before she gets much older and it becomes the bain of her existence. Abuela

Try rubbing pure Melaleuca oil on it once per day. It should take care of it in about a week.

A. - My daughter has 2 little "warts" on her chin and our pediatrician said it is molluscum. Look it up online. There is lots of info and it's common. She said it would go away on its own, but you can go to the dermatologist and they put a juice on it that burns it away. It is painful. There is some painless cream I saw online that I may try.
Good luck. Hope this helps -- Kathryn

I know this is going to probably sound VERY strange, but it worked with my four year old. She had one on her forehead and every night when she went to bed, we would put a piece of duct tape over it. In the mornings we would take it off. After about a week of doing this, it just came right off one morning...no blood/pain/scar or anything. IF you leave it on during the day it should take less time, but with it being on the face she probably won't want to do that.

My name is S. and my son had a wart as well.....Do not use over the counter removers! I tried it and it severely went wrong and burned is unmature skin. Our pediatrician said to do it as well! We went to the a dermatologist who clarified the type of wart that it was and treated it accordingly! My son recieved a couple of "freezing treatments" and all was well in the world and it's been a couple years now and nothing as returned.

Best of luck tp you, I understand how traumatic it can be to you and your child!

I just recently heard a mom sharing of her children having wart problems. She and her husband own a business called the Bread Beckers. You can get this talk/audio CD for free at http://www.breadbeckers.com/freestuff.htm. I hope you benefit from it.
God bless you,
A. H.

Get a referal to go to a dematologist, they remove warts. call and get an appointment with one and let them tell you what you can do or let them remove it.
Hope this helps

Hello. My daughter had a huge odd shape (like a brocolli head) wart on the inside of her nose at the age of 6 also. Her pediatrician gave me a cream-I'm pretty sure it was Aldara- to put on it twice a day and also put her on presription strength Tagament-yes the Tagament for stomach/acid problems- she read that one of the side effects in children was that their warts fell off. Hers fell off very quickly with no pain at any time. Hope this helps.

Take her to a Dermatologist. He will know how best to treat the wart safely.

1 / 3