Fabric Softener Is Really Thick

My fabric softener is really thick and seems to have left some stains when I used it the last load (looks like grease stains on darker fabric). Is there a way to water it back down or do I need to throw it away?

I switched to green cleaning products. I use to use Downy, but once one of my kids got eczema I had to quit using it. I use to have that same problem though. My clothes would have small blue dots on them. The fabric softener I use now is safe for all skins tupes and is highly concentrated. It is a soft white color and just takes a little bit. It has a nice clean smell.. not too strong. Let me know if you would like to know more about it.

Have a good day.

add a little water to the bottle of softner and shake it up, then use as usual. HTH

I would trash it. That 4 dollar bottle of softner is not worth ruining clothes over. It may have gotten old, or to hot or whatever.

I always add water to the fabric softener. it doesn't hurt it at all. As for your clothes, sometimes the bottle will say what to do if it stains. good luck

I add water to the dispenser with my fabric softner. Normally equal parts.

1 / 3