Fabric Softener for Sensitive Skin (ECZEMA) W/o Scent Recommendation

hi moms, my son has eczema and very sensitive to any fragrance, any natural way you can recommned as a laundry softener? thanks so much

You don't need a fabric softener of dryer sheets!! I use 7th Generation Laudry detergent and that's it. It works great.

I have MCS and I would never use a dryer sheet. There are to many chemicals in them - even without the scent!

I use vinegar in my rinse cycle and I don't dry them to long.

To tell you the truth, fabric softner is terrible for fabrics. I suggest you quit using it at all.

It is chemicals that latch onto fabric and really never washes away.

It actually makes terry cloth , less absorbent and wears out fabric a lit faster than if you never use it.. The good fbic manufacturers do not suggest it ever be used.

I was a linen buyer for many years and learned this from many of the Linen companies.

Fabric softener is the WORST for eczema, in any form.

I have never understood why people use those things. You may as well dunk your clothes in a chemical cocktail before putting them on.
Why not just wash and dry them? Am I missing something?

Baking soda works as a natural fabric softener. It also doesn't have any smell, making it an ideal substitute for people with skin sensitivities. Adding 1/2 cup to the rinse cycle will regulate pH levels in the water and suspend detergent or mineral deposits that can cause fabric to feel stiff.

Vinegar is a great substitute for bleach and color brighteners. It combats stains, moldy smells, and detergent buildup on clothing. That last one would be where it acts like a fabric softener.

While both technically work, the baking soda will give you better results for softer, fluffier fabric than the vinegar. At least, that has been my experience.

Have you tried just plain white vinegar?

I also use dryer balls. There are so many fillers and bad stuff in softener and it was causing my son to get excema. Once I stopped, his skin cleared right up

1 / 3