Eye Twitching During pregnancy...normal?

I am 22wks pregnant with my second! For the past ten days my left eye has been twitching. It's not a usual muscle jump you feel from time to time, but rather a constant twitch. Could this be related to pregnancy? I wasn't too concerned so have not called my dr. But, now that's it has been going on so long wondering if I should call tom? Thanks for any advice!

Hello,

I had that too..Then I eat nuts and it helps me all the time. Have no idea why...Maybe you want to try them too...

Not only did my eye twitch but it crossed lol! Very weird when it happened...only lasted about 30 seconds and both times twitching was before birth and my eyes crossed within a week after birth...since your body takes everything from itself if you are not eating properly, it probably takes the minerals needed for those muscles as well.

Another wonderful thing to tuck away in your pregnancy hat lol!

Ha I had eye twitching for a whole month and then I found out I was pregnant:) I had EEGs & MRIs lined up because of it,,,but I also have MS so they were thinking something was up with that....At about 8-10wks the twitching stopped for me!! My theory was it was the influx of hormones and maybe even some sleep deprivation issues. i would just bring it up at your next visit to your OB, until then I wouldn't worry about it too much!!!

BTW congratulations motherhood is so awesome!!

Hello,

Are you really tired? My eye starts to twitch when I am really tired, and gets progressively worse unless I get some serious sleep. I know that due to the lack of quality sleep during my pregnancies I had eye twitching for both of them. But since it seems to be constant, I would definitely ask your doctor. Hope it goes away. That can be very bothersome.

I did not research that issue, so I don't know if it is related to pregnancy, but I remember having that, too. It was the first pregnancy for me and I think the twitching on the eye started in the 2nd or 3rd trimester...

You should ask your doc about this.. but I also had weird things happen to me during pregnancy- its prob nothing- but it could be somthing related to your blood pressure- call your doctor!! hope all goes well for you!! <3

I got that too, towards the end of my pregnancy. Like week 38. My mom SWORE that the baby was coming, because she went into labor right after that was happening to her. it wasn't true, not for me anyway, and certainly not for you! Just wanted to add my experience too, how strange that so many women experience this? I guess it must have something to do with a vitamin deficiency, given that the baby takes so much out of us :)

Maybe potassium deficiency or stress related-tic

1 / 3