Eye Drops - Plainfield,IL

Hello Ladies, I need your help! My 2 year old has pink eye, her doctor gave me drops to put into each eye 3x a day. I have found this task impossible, she wiggles and moves, squeezes her eyes and the drops end up everywhere but in her eyes! any advice would greatly help.
Thanks - MJ

Thank you all so much!! I used a combination of methods and have managed to get the drops in her eyes. I swaddled her in a blanket and placed the drops in the corners of her closed eyes, as many of you suggested, and like magic the drops rolled right into her eyes!! Yipee! she only fussed for a second so majority of the medication stayed in her eyes. You guys are the greatest, have a great Thanksgiving! - MJ

You need 2 people - one to do the pinning and holding open of the lids and the other to do the drops. Once the drops are in let the eyes close. Some will come out, but most will stay in.

Hello
I had some luck by having my daughter lay on her back with her eyes closed. Then place the drops in the inner corner of her eye and then blink. I hope it helps, Good luck!

Hi M., My pediatrician said to lay the child on their back and tell them to close their eyes. Then put a few drops in the corner of the eye near the nose and make a little "puddle." The drops will seep into their eye as they slowly open. Good luck!

Hello

Holding ( very gently) the LOWER eye lid out ..put the drops in the trough..then release.. it is much easier than trying to hit an open eye.. and can be done even if she's sqeezing them shut tightly.. Wash your.. and her hands well before and after..putting drops in. Also..to help her keep her eyes closed long enough to make sure the drops work thier majic.. try reading a favorite story to her..or making one up so she isn't worried about missing the pictures. Tell her to watch the pictures in her head..like a good dream.

I haven't read the other posts so I don't know what they said but I would lay her down. You may have to sort of restrain her a little. Even with this method kids don't like it because the medicine stinks a little at first. So when she is laying down she already has her eyes closed which is what you want. then you put the drop in the inside corner of her eye and when she opens it it will naturally spill into her eyes. We were on vacation one year and my uncle needed some help putting drops in and i had him tip his head back and close his eyes (he thought i was crazy) and then when he opened his eyes it just went in and he was so excited and said that is the best experience I've ever had with eye drops. So it even works for grown men.

My son also had to have drops in his eyes (and drops in his nose, too!) The Dr. recommended playing the "close your eyes, open your eyes" game and while I didn't think it would work, it has helped with my son (and his Dad, who hates having drops in his eyes) because I think it takes the apprehension out of seeing what's coming! Have your daughter close her eyes, put the drops in the corner and then have her open her eyes. The amount of solution that ends up in the eye is more than the amount that ends up running down her face! Good luck...

Have your daughter close her eyes and put the eye drops in the corner of her eyes. Then have her open her eyes and the drops should coat her eyes.

simple you've already fought the fight . Tell her this is the easy way , lay with her eyes closed not tight .... put a drop in the corner. tell her it may feel alittle funny this way but when she is ready not to turn her head and open her eyes enough of the drop will go in then do the other side . do not fight her let her do it. tell her when it is done in both eyes that she has done it like a big girl and now gats a piece of candy. she may go for this maybe not it worked for my son cause even at 2 he was in control.... good luck

1 / 3