Eye Color Change

I know they say it can take upto a year for a childs eyes to change color. I was just wondering when your childs changed. I cannot hardly wait to see what color they are going to be. Thank you for the input.

My son's eyes never changed. The pediatrician was amazed at how blue they are and at around 6 months said it was highly unlikely they would change because they are so blue.

My two girls kept their blue eyes the whole time and never did change. So, you may already know what color they will be!

My first daughter's eyes didn't change color until she was 2!
Thought they were going to blue like mine, but then they up and changed to green like my husband's.

congragulations. my son is 3 1/2 now and his eyes change color every day depending on what color shirt he has on. we get brown, green, blue, gray and every color in between. i love it.

My daughter's eyes were blue til she was 6, then changed to green.

Both of my sons still have the eye color they were born with, one blue (he's 15 mo) and one brown (he's 5), but my doctor said his daughter's eyes didn't change until she was nine months. I think most of them change by 6 months if they are going to at all. Few take longer.

My son's eyes were blue (as were our whole families) until age 4 1/2-5 and now they have turned to green.

I thought they were going to stay blue for sure. I love the green on him though, go figure he's the only blonde and he has the green eyes!

my first son was born with bright green eyes but by the time he was a few months they were brown but he was around two before they became the milky brown they are to day... my baby was born with black brown eyes in which they still are today... not sure if this helps much, i am sure it may be up to chance

My girls' eye color has never really changed. But to be the lighter color they are, it was when they were 3months. I believe. All my girls have eyes like I do, they change colors with the mood we're in. Like light blue, to green to hazel, to grey to dark green to dark blue, than to ice blue. :) Some say its impossible, but its the truth! My sisters kids all were born with blue eyes except her first, her eyes were so dark brown with a hint of red, when she turned a year old her eye color went to a blue and by age 3 turned to the light reddish brown color! Very beautiful. All the other kids' eyes turned brown by age one! :) My dad said that when he was little his eyes were green blue, by the time my dad was in his 40's his eyes were a reddish dark brown color! By the time he was in his 60's his eyes turned just a darker brown! I love peoples eyes...they are the most beautiful thing on a person and its known to be windows to the soul!! Congrats on the baby girl!!

If your child has blue, hazel or green eyes, they could change color in about the first year. If she's older than 1, they will probably stay the same color. If you have a child with brown eyes, they will stay brown.

1 / 3