Eye "Boogers"

My little one was sick for a week and was on anitibiotics and now she is all better but now she has slightly red eyes and is producing many "eye boogers" and when she goes to sleep and wakes up sometimes her eyes are shut because of them, its not pink eye because i get the same way when my allergies act up but i was wondering if anyone knew a home remedy to help with the eye boogies. Thank you, your help is appreciated!!!

IT FINALLY WENT AWAY!!!! Got prescribed some eye drops and in one day the redness and the eye boogers went away!!!! Thank you all for the help and advice!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Use a wash cloth with warm water to keep it clean from those "boogers." Clean it as often as she needs it. This has kept my kids healthy many times. Good luck!!

I think the only thing you can do is to keep wiping at her eyes with a soft wet warm cloth. The "boogers" are the body's way of cleaning out all the junk.

Ah, the dreaded "goop eye" as it is known in our house. Just wipe the eye from inner corner to outer corner with a soft cloth. If it doesn't clear up within 5-7 days call your child's doctor.

my daughter had eye boogies after she was born, the pediatrician told me that it might just be her tear ducts.. so just massage right under your baby's eye and wipe with a warm cloth every now and then, it should go away after a few days, if it doesnt ask a pediatrician.
Good luck :]

could be a blocked tear duct. massage gently with warm cloth 3 times a day

take her to a doctor, conjunctivitis or pink eye needs to be ruled out first

I would call your pediatrician because I don't know how old your little one is - but I use Chamomile tea bags. Warm some water like you would make some tea (of course don't make it to hot to put on the skin) dip the tea bag and soak it a little bit. Then let the tea bag drip the tea into the eyes. Chamomile has an antibody that kills bacteria. If you can't use Chamomile tea then I would use the warm wash cloth and massage lightly the area to wipe the eye goobers away. Good luck.

If the "eye boogers" are yellowish green it could be conjunctivitis or pink eye. Usually pink eye will result do to complications of a cold and is very common for kids to contract after or during a cold.

Warm compresses will help unstick her eyes, but if there is that much discharge she probably needs a prescription to clear it up.

There are 3 kinds of conjunctivitis (pink eye). Allergic, bacterial and viral. Allergic is caused by allergies and can be treated with over the counter remedies but viral and bacterial usually need a prescription.

I used to work in a daycare and my son and I have had this numerous times. Definitely call your ped before it gets worse!

1 / 3