Extremely Itchy Everywhere!

So I do have eczema, and am on Allegra D and have Triamcinolone to put on, but it isn't working. I am so itchy and so dry that even my nipples are flaking and I don't nurse anymore. I have red super itchy patches on my back, and stratch my scalp like crazy every night. I have tried for my scalp T-gel and moisturizing shampoos, but nothing is making it better. When I shower, I take warm showers, no longer than 5 min and soap up, don't wash my hair more than 3 times a week. I lotion up every day, have tried eucerin lotion and cream, lubriderm, and am currently using a clinical strength vaseline lotion with no results. I am allergic to scented lotions, and have avoided them at all costs. I am just really sick of having to take off my bra as soon as I can cuz I itch so bad and constantly lotioning up my chest and having my husband lotion my back. PLEASE I need as much help as possible!

Hi J., my little cousin had eczema really bad and she would mix cortizone cream with the eucerin, well it looks like a jelly and it's in a plastic jar with a blue top. That's really cleared his up. I use Aveeno's Baby lotion for eczema, it works really well if you use it everyday. As one person suggested, it could be because you are pregnant, some women get really itchy, I would talk to the doctor about it. Hope this helps.

Hi J.
So sorry you are having to go thru this- I know it must be miserable but there is something that I know of that has been hospital tested and proven to even totally get rid of this sort of issue- It is not expensive but cannob be bought over the counter and is not RX- PM me and I will give you more details. Not selling you anything just want to give you the information.
Blessings

I would do some internet research on diet and it's affect on ecsema. My nieces have it pretty bad but have been able to get it under control with diet changes. Sugar it one of the culprits that exacerbates it. Here's one website to try:

http://blog.worldvillage.com/health/eczema_and_diet.html

Have you heard of Arbonne? Awesome products that are botanically based. Most of the products are fragrance free for even the most sensitive skin. They do not dry your skin, but add moisture. You will absolutely love these products. We also have a 45 day money back guarantee. For more information, please call me or you can go to my website. I would love to work with you and help get your skin under control.

C. B.
Arbonne Consultant
###-###-####
www.corissabell.myarbonne.com
Mamasource Member Perks Available!!!

Hi J., This must be so uncomfortable and I'm so sorry you are having to deal with the problem. Along with all of the suggestions others have provided, I recommend drinking tons and tons of water. At least 64 oz!!! A bit more would be even better. I would certainly see a dermatologist right away but I would also see someone who specializes in the immune system. I had chronic urticaria (chronic hives) for 4 years. So, I know what you are going through them. I had them every single day. After years of hearing, it's your immune system causing this and we can only treat the symptoms, I found Dr. Kendall Stewart. It is his belief that it is definitely the immune system that causes these crazy symptoms. He will do extensive testing to find out if something could be going on inside (deficiencies, etc.), then treats it so your immune system is not comprimised. Lastly, he also believes viruses we have had in the past get trapped in the cells of our bodies. They are always there and our immune system often has to fight them again and again when our body is stressed. It's over my head and very scientific but after being skeptical, I definitely trust him and his methods. It worked for me! He's a real doctor, not some quack. He is a neurologist and ENT. Years back, he developed an interest in things like vertigo, chronic migranes, kids with Autism and SPD, etc. ...but I believe he will treat anything related to the immune system (he did for me). If you don't get relief from the dermatologist, I think you should go see him. Especially if this is becoming a chronic problem.

GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! Why are you making yourself suffer?! There is nothing that any of us can tell you that will really do the trick. Go see a dermatologist and let him give you some good stuff to not just make it feel a little better - but to make it STOP!!!

Hi J.: I didn't see this mentioned previously even though you got a number of responses already...

It could be PUPPP: pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy (PUPPP) or polymorphic eruption of pregnancy... or prurigo of pregnancy. On a rarer level, I have a friend who was so itchy during her pregnancy... Her doctor kept dismissing her complaints. Turns out her kidneys (maybe it was her liver) wasn't processing all the wastes as efficiently and the build up was making her skin itch... So you definitely want to mention this to your OB.

Hope you feel better!

Below are some tips from the Baby Center:
http://www.babycenter.com/0_itchy-skin-during-pregnancy_9...

Is it normal to feel itchy during pregnancy?

It's not uncommon to feel itchy, particularly around your growing belly and breasts as your skin stretches to accommodate them. Hormonal changes may also be partly to blame.

Some pregnant women find that their palms and the soles of their feet get red and sometimes itchy. This common condition may be caused by an increase in estrogen. It usually disappears right after delivery.

You may also find that things that normally make you itchy — dry skin, eczema, food allergies — make you even itchier when you're pregnant. Finally, there are certain conditions that occur during pregnancy that may cause you to feel itchy.

How can I get relief from the itching?
Avoid hot showers and baths, which can dry out your skin and make the itching worse. Use mild soap and be sure to rinse it off well and towel off lightly. Then slather on an unscented moisturizer — some scents can cause irritation.

Try an occasional warm oatmeal bath. (You can buy oatmeal bath preparations in drugstores.) Wear loose cotton clothing and avoid going out in the heat of the day, since heat can intensify the itching.

try an oatmeal bath. cut the end off of some panty hose and put about a cup of oatmeal, minute oats, in the hose and tie it off. you can squeeze this over your skin or rub softly on your skin. it has helped my son's skin when his eczema is flaired up. best wishes to you.

Our son has really bad eczema. His allergy specialist recommended Cera-Vae. You can only get it at Walgreens and it is about $15 for the tub of cream (what I recommend). They have a lotion (not as good as the cream) and a cleanser I have never used. One tub of cream will last us about 2 months with my son being the only one using it...so the cost is not that bad. I have even stopped using his Triamciclone prescription cream (not sure that is spelled right) on a daily basis.

I would HIGHLY recommend this to anyone that has eczema!

With all honesty I would think about seeing an allergist. Having blood drawn is the best way I think. Have them test it for everything. Sometimes mom's may develope an allergy after childbrith with the change in hormones and what not it might be worth looking into.

Definately do all that you can to keep yourself moisturized. Drink alot of water too! Vaseline is a great moisturizer. I went through what I call pure hell for almost a year with my little girl who is now 8. It was the worst year out of all my 20 years of being a mom. After dermatologist, after dermatoligist, thousands (yes thousands) of dollars on ointment, allergy pills etc...we found out she was allergic to tree nuts (100%) and eggs!!

A.

I work for an awesome company of safer home products containing Tea Tree Oil. The company is Melaleuca and I have been shopping with them for the past 8 years! My son is what brought me to them because he suffered with severe asthma and eczema! It has been a real blessing for our family. Just switching over the laundry products was a huge help. Everything you wear contains the left over chemicals from your laundry products. Please give me a call, ###-###-#### and I will be happy to share more about the company and products! Its been an awesome income too!

1 / 3