Extreme Stress Followed by Rectal Bleeding

Hello everyone! I have a friend who i am very concerned about. When she gets really stressed out she has a rapid onset of abdominal pressure followed by a rapid onset of diarrhea. Her abdomen she says feels like it fills up with blood then when she goes to the bathroom it is 50 % stool and the 50% red blood. More then when you have a period. When this occurs she goes to the bathroom at least 3-4 times in 6 hours with heavy rectum bleeding to the point the she feels weak,dizzy,and cold by the end of the night. She is always a stress ball and runs a very huge successful company. Does anyone have any insight to what you think it might be? I have been trying to push her to the doctor or ER when this happens but i think she is scared. any advice is appreciated. Thanks to all.

It sounds like Colitis or Crohns - she should definitely see a doctor. It is very treatable but if it goes untreated it is very serious - leading to possible loss of her colon or death - as I said it is very treatable so she should see a doctor asap and get treated.

Definitely see a doctor for a diagnosis. My friend's 15 year old daughter lost her colon and needs to have a bag now because her Crohns was not caught in time. Better to find out what it is so she can deal with it.

This is typical for successful business people. Sounds like a wake up call to slow down and look after herself. Hopefully it's just stress but stress is really the underlying cause of most illness.

If she really refuses to go to a doctor then a change in diet is crucial since certain foods can cause bleeding especially if she's become celiac: dairy, gluten, processed foods, sugar and processed oils, etc. Aloe juice taken internally is very healing but again, this is no substitute for going and getting a diagnosis but some people die before they will do that so these tips are helpful for people like that.

Keep us posted on this!

Offer to go with her to the doctor but get her to go. A bleeding ulcer could be a cause. A.

She has to see a doctor its more then stress any blood other then period could be very serious. Run to the dr.

Any time there is blood in the stool or urin, you need to see a Dr. Don't ever wait for it to just go away. It is usually a sign that something is wrong, and the only way to find out how serious is to see a Dr. Guaranteed, though, if you wait, then it will become more serious than when it first began. She has GOT to go TODAY!

Bleeding from the rectum is something that needs to be evaluated by a doctor. There are any number of things that it could be, some of them serious, and your friend is not going to get better by not going to a doctor. No one here can diagnose your friend - it COULD be any of a number of things, and even if we knew what it was, we can't treat her. Her only option is to see a doctor. She does not need to wait for the next episode, she should see her regular family doctor/internist now, who may run tests, refer her to a gastroenterologist, etc. She should not wait. It sounds like she is hemorrhaging, that is why she is weak, dizzy and cold - it's extremely foolish not to seek medical attention when she's hemmorhaging, and she may not survive one of these next times.

My best friend has this as well. It is called colitis and stress is one of the leading causes. She must go see a gastroenterologist. They can give her medication to control it as well as run further tests to rule out anything more serious. She has to get this taken care of. My friend ended up in the hospital because of it, she became so weak from it. Her doctor now has it under control and she us slowly weaning off the meds for it. You will have to try to convince your friend to see a gastro doctor.

Please take her to the ER immediately. I have the same exact symptoms and was diagnosed by a specialist in Manhattan (Dr. Blair Lewis). I have Crohns Disease in the small intestine. I had 4 hospital stays in 2006. Noone knew what was wrong with me. I also had 15 blood transfusions. She needs to seek medical help. Please make sure that she does not neglect herself. She can go into shock if not treated.

Keep us posted on this!

1 / 3