Exersaucer for 6 Month Old

Did you buy an exersaucer for your baby? I keep hearing how great they are but they're not cheap and so far I haven't had luck finding one on Craigslist. I don't want to get caught up in the baby industry and spend tons of money unnecessarily, but I keep hearing that exersaucers are great for this age. Do you/did you own one and did you find it useful? At the moment, we put our baby in her bouncy seat, on the bed, bumbo seat (which I don't find useful at all), or on the floor on a mat. Someone let us borrow a jumparoo but we haven't used it yet.

Thanks so much for all the responses and offers. Because we have a very small apartment that is already cluttered with baby stuff, we're going to stick with the jumparoo for now...she really enjoys it. Great info and suggestions though, so thanks!

In my opinion, if you were given a jumparoo, then just use that. I don't think it necessary to have both, especially in terms of the amount of space they take up. My daughter is 7mo old and LOVES her jumpy. If you have one just use that.

Try out the jumperoo. My son absolutely loved it. We had to put it away as soon as we realized he was too big for it, because he still wanted to get in it. It really exercises the legs, and is great fun.

I have a jumparoo and both my kids loved it...they also love the jumpy thing you hang in the doorway (how's that for a technical term?)
My only criticism of the jumparoo is it is a pain to move...I got it instead of the exersaucer because I thought it'd be less noisy but I think they're about the same...and the exersaucer looks easier to move.

I have a 2 1/2 year old and 17 month old. Although I experienced exersaucer envy, we never purchased one for either child. If you got a free jumperoo to try out then happy testing. Both my kids have developed fine and have entertained themselves with other things. Necessary? No. Nice to have for all the reasons people mentioned? Certainly.

They are really good. Both my kids have enjoyed the exersaucer. My little girl is still using it. You have a couple people who offered to sell you theirs, buy it! They are very expensive new as you know. If those don't work out check out used stores too. I also bought a walker which both kids adore. I spent less than $30.00 dollars at Babie's R' US on a Baby Trend unit, very basic put lots of fun for the kids. We have a basement and are just very conscious about keeping the door closed. The walker was some of my best money every spend on kid's stuff.

I did no have one and think it is fine without them. It's convenient as it keeps your child entertained, while you're making dinner, but so does sitting them in a boppy wiht a multitude of toys around them that they can reach for and work on their gross motor skills

I have one and a jumper. My son LOVES the jumper and only likes the saucer. I am erally glad I have both though.

We loved our exersaucer and bought a jumperoo for our 3rd child, an infant now. It's nice to allow them to be busy playing, know they are safe and contained, while I cook dinner.

They are big sellers at garage sales and church bizarres. With your LO already 6 mos old tho, you may not want to wait to buy one. Try freecycle. You can post it as 'wanted'...I'm sure someone will have one they are willing to part with FOR FREE! You just have to pick it up.

My son does not have an exersaucer but he does have a jumper (not the door type) I looked at many reviews before making the decision of the jumper. He has been using the jumper since he was about 4 months old and absolutely loves it. It was about $80.00 and worth every penny!!!

My daughter loved the exersaucer, well worth the money in my opinion. It contained her and entertained her for a few minutes so I could do other things quickly and not worry about her. I agree with some of the other posts try a consignment shop or maybe even a garage sale if it's not too cold in Chicago! Just take a good look to make sure the plastic isn't cracked anywhere and it's not too worn out.

I loved our exersaucer for both kids! They both loved sitting in it which gave me hands free time while knowing they were safe and secure. Both kids used theirs until 14/15 months....once they became really mobile, they didn't want to be stuck in the saucer anymore.

1 / 3