Exciting Way to Tell Mother-in-Law Your Pregnant

I know someone who is pregnant and is wanting to tell her mother-in-law that she is pregnant over the holidays and is wanting to find a unique way to surprise her. They will be doing it over the Thanksgiving Holidays ... does anyone has a cute way that they told their family ... i.e. Sweatshirt with Grandma to be ...etc??? I would appreciate any input ... Thanks

Thank you everyone for such great creative ideas ... my daughter and her husband flew up to see his folks for Thanksgiving ... unfortunately my daughter was too excited to wait to tell them and ended up giving her MIL a Thanksgiving card for grandma ... she absolutely loved it and was so excited ... (she was only about a month so it was too early for a sonogram) ...

Thanks again and maybe these will come of use the next time around ... Many Blessings to you all

We went out to dinner with the family and I bought a little pair of Keds and gave it to them as a present. They loved it!

We wrapped up a package of baby wipes with a note that said we hoped she would be available to teach us how to change diapers. My sister gave her a photo album with a copy of the ultra sound on the first page. Good luck.

With my first pregnancy, we invited everyone out to dinner - both sets of parents. We wrapped cigars for all of the men and they opened it up. Then we announced that we were pregnant. have you gotten a sono pic yet? You could scan that and frame it; then wrap it up for her to open. That would be fun.

I got my MIL a bib that said "My Grandma Loves Me" and it took her about a split second to start crying (happy tears). My own parents live in Europe, and we (husband and I) skyped them and asked them if they wanted to come visit us in April (my due date) to meet someone and when they asked, who, we just looked at them funny :)

I make custom fortune cookies. I have had folks use them from everything from Pregnancy and Birth Announcements to Brides asking friends to be in their weddings, boys asking dates to the Prom, and Party Favors. These cookies are quite large and can be customized completely (color, flavor, decorations,and fortune).

SAHM of three:20,19,and 6. Custom Edibles Creator. Married to my best friend for almost 13 years.

Are they going to be together over the holiday? If so, what about the bun in the oven thing? Ask her to go get something out of the oven. When she opens it, there is only one bun sitting there. It may take her a minute, but she'll figure it out.

I had lived one street over from my m-i-l for 5 yrs and she hounded me to get pregnant the whole time. We were transferred out of state and about a year later I got pregnant. I found out the very same day they were due to come for a visit. So, for dessert that night, I served "pickles and ice cream"! The look on their faces was priceless!

You could always set an extra place setting at the table. When someone finally realizes that there is an empty seat, say you're saving it for someone very special that will be arriving around (your due date).

I gave them a picture frame with a little poem in it about saving it for the first baby picture. For my sister I wrote in a card a letter from the baby.

I sent my mom a "Happy Grandmother's Day Card" on Mother's Day with a cute little picture frame with a photo of our ultrasound on it. She figured it out pretty quick. You could probably find a holiday card with Grandma on it as well. Have fun!

1 / 3