Exciting Baby Boy Shower

I will be throwing a baby shower for my best friends first baby which will be a little boy. SHe doesnt want the typical sport, truck, lizard theme. How can I decorate for this shower without a bunch of blue everywhere??? Any creative ideas? Thanks!!

You could always do primary colors. You could go with red, green, yellow, and royal blue. The theme could be ABC's and 123's. You could decorate with primary-colored blocks everywhere.

What is your friend into? You could do robots, or outer space, a music themed party with boy bands through the ages, images from manhood from hunters and gatherers to sensitive daddies. I threw a baby shower for a friend who was the same way. She wanted no decorations and no baby shower games. Instead, we teamed up in teams of 2 and wrote a short story about where her son would be at different stages of his life ie high school, college, first love, etc. Then we read them aloud. It was really fun and people can get really creative.

That's tough since blue is the universal boy color... Hopefully your friend likes green and yellow. You should coordinate with your friend to find out what theme she is decorating the nursery in. For example, I did Noah's Arc so you could send invitations with animals.
I like the clothes line idea! The other cute one is to have teddy bears or cabbage-patch dolls and have a game with 2 teams where everyone in the line takes the diaper off and then on - The team that gets it done quicker wins.

I had a baby boy shower using tiffany blue and chocolate brown accents. Centerpieces were white roses in silver vases.

I also did not want the typical shower. My shower was very classy and more like a bridal shower. white tablecloths, tiffany blue table toppers

I also had a cupcake tier instead of your typical cake.

We just had very minimal baby shower items and still had a great time

My cousin hung a clothes line up and hung baby clothes, socks, blankets, etc.. from it. It was very cute. I've used her idea a couple of times and everyone loved it.

I've heard of camoflauge decorations being used at a boy baby shower. The mom I know who attended said it was very cool. Get some baby photos of the men in the family.

I went to a baby shower last Saturday. These girls went all out. Each table had a table cloth and a very pretty center piece. It looked more like a Bridal Shower than a Baby Shower. The Mom-to-be even had her own special table and even the cake was like a mini wedding cake with tiers. The mom is having a girl, so everything was lavender (the color of the nursery), but you could mix up the colors and have each table a different color, maybe all the primary colors or match the colors of her nursery.

Have fun!
N.

C.,
Use the environment to decorate. For example, if you will be in a beautiful home, fill it with fresh flowers and leave it at that. Or if you're at a park, use pine cones for the table centerpieces, etc. You really don't have to use all the cutesy, store-bought stuff to decorate. For a party I had, we used paper lanterns to create one focal point. At another party, my sister used ribbon to decorate and it looked beautiful.
Take Care,
F.

1 / 3