Ergo Vs. Lillebaby

My baby LIVES in the front carrier and I am worried about his spine and need to have the option to put him on my back. I have been checking out my options and have seen recent posts with people loving their Ergo but, I wish it had the option to face the baby out to see the world when carried on the front like the Lillebaby does. Has anyone used a Lillebaby and what are your thoughts on the two? Or do you have another carrier that can go on your front and your back that you love? Thanks so much for your help.

I have an Ergo and love it! My son is 14 months old and we still use it! I like it because it can go on the front, side or back. My son is 25 pounds and I hae never had a sore back from carrying him in it. He seems to just snuggle in. It is so easy to adjust that my husband and I can just pass it back and forth. When he is on the front I feel like he can still look out and when he is on my side its as if I'm carrying him in my arms, just with extra support. I know several moms who also have an Ergo and have not heard a complaint. Good luck and hope you find something you love!

I love my Ergo. It is so comfortable and easy to use. If you are worried about your baby's spine it is the best option, they they have worked with doctors and chiro's to ensure maximum benifit to both of you, and it gets top ratings for that.
If you are worried about having your baby be able to see better put them in the hip carring position, they can see really well there. I use mine in that mode unless I'm excersizing.
I haven't tried a lillebaby but I do like the Moby for small infants, I just like the Ergo a lot better once they get bigger.

My sister's moby wrap is cool, and I loved my Over the Shoulder Baby Holder sling. There's a website www.kangarookorner.com that is devoted to educating parents about different types of slings and the different ways to carry baby in them. I found it very informative and it listed the pros and cons of each type of sling, which helped me make my decision. It also helped show me all the different ways I could wear my kids in the sling as they grew, with instructions and pictures. I used my sling a ton and for a long time and loved the info on the website.

We have an Ergo and a wrap (similar to the Moby). The wrap was great when my son was small and immobile, but once he started moving around the wrapping part became more challenging. (But I did love my wrap). The Ergo has two snaps...very easy. As per the previous post it is bad for your babies hip development to have baby facing forward. Think about how you hold your baby in your arms. That is the position you should try to mimic when you have your baby in a carrier. I get you want your baby to face forward, but once on your back (my son rode on my back at about 6 months) they see 'forward facing'. The Ergo also has a hip carrying position that is psudo-forward facing. Also, the Ergo had a sun shade which comes in handy.

MOBY wrap. It rocks. I can't say enough good things about it. I have used mine with my son, beginning at the age of a few days, and used it a few weeks ago, and he is twenty months. I got the MOBY D, which is a few more bucks, and think it was worth it. It has a strengthened middle section, and is shorter than the original version.

The baby can be carried in the MOBY in several different positions. Starting when they are young, with facing in with their legs tucked up or in a cradle type hold, and then they can bring their legs down and out when they are ready, and they can turn to face out when they get to be a few months old. When they get bigger, you can use it to carry them on your hip. There is also a hold for carrying them on your back, but I have not used it in that way.

It does take a few minutes to tie it on, but when you get in on, it is so comfortable. I walked the mall with my son, who will be two in Sept, and my back didn't hurt a bit. It is so supportive for you, and my kids both love it. I can carry my daughter too, and she is three, almost three and a half!

Best of luck! I'll answer any questions. ;)

I'm not familiar with the Lillebaby but I love my Ergo. The reason Ergo is made the way it is is apparently the out-facing position is not good for baby's spine and physical development as it's not a natural position. When the baby is on your back in the Ergo they have a pretty good view. I have tried many carriers, of them all the Baby Bjorn was the absolute worst (most uncomfortable) and Moby Wrap and Ergo were my favorites.

I loved my Bjorn when my son was small. It's been a while though and I'm not familiar with the new baby carriers you mention.

Moby wrap is the best, hands down! My son LIVED in it for the first 9 months of his life, could still use it now and he is almost 2! mobywrap.com

1 / 3