Entertaining a 20 Month Old

My son is 20 months old and active. He's @ daycare all day bc I have to work. He has some toys @ our house but they don't entertain him anymore. So I guess I'm looking for new toy ideas or some suggestions on activites. I'm half way through my 2nd pregnancyand am really tired.

Ps- I'm writing this on my phone and can't get it to zoom in anymore and so I have no ideas on typos and grammer! Sorry!

Hi. My son;s favorite toys that keep him really busy are blocks and puzzles.
Check out www.happyhealthymom.com
They have lists and lists of great toys.

J., I have a 17 month old son and he seems bored with his toys as well. We got him one of those Step 2 plastic slides. It's small enough to put inside and then you can move it outside. My son LOVES it. It's pretty much the only thing he plays on/with consistently and he is a climber. He will play with a few toys here and there but not for very long. I think at this age, they like to challenge themselves physically! So anything that he can climb on (that is safe and age appropriate), or open and close or stack are probably the best toys. Also, introduce music if you haven't already. You might be surprised at how much he might enjoy listening to and dancing around to fun songs. And if you find some other miracle toy, do tell!! Good luck!

Train table or set up on a coffee table, big cardboard box/playhouse, easel or big pad of paper and markers, ways to involve him in the activities you're doing (high chair or stool nearby when you're cooking, washing hands, brushing teeth, etc), bath toys for super extended bath time :)

We got our 19 month old the Step 2 All Sports climber/slide as his big christmas gift and he was blah about it that day but then ever since, he's been on it every single day and seems to really like it. he slides down, stays at the top, yelling like its a fort. it was a really great buy :) and we keep it indoors in our living room and it's been great!

1 / 3