End of Year Teacher Gift

My daughter has a wonderful teacher. My son had her when he was in 4th grade and we loved her then. She now teaches kindergarten; this is her first year of teaching it. I wanted to get her/make her something special to always remember her very first kindergarten class. I usually do gift cards for teachers, but that just is not personal enough for her. Any ideas??????

We bought an azalea for my son's teacher, you can get young plants for very inexpensive and a variety of types.

How about a tote/book bag or sweatshirt that you put the kids handprints on and their names under. You can buy these at craft store as well as the paints. The kids love this gift as they are a part of it.

A couple of the best teacher's gifts I've received would be a personalized canvas tote bag - they really come in handy, or if you are able to get the students to fill out a 'all about my teacher' questionnaire page and make a book out of it. I received both of those when I finished my student teaching and still have both. They are very precious to me. As much as the other stuff is sweet, pretty, and cute, teachers get so much that it's hard to keep it all over the years. Oh, another gift that was nice, was a plant. Every year it comes up, I think of my sixth grade year. I heard one teacher got a massage after an especially tough year, that would be wonderful too! Just ideas, good luck.

Hi T.
Me and some other Moms had the secretary at the school print out the class picture. Then cut out the pictures which were perfect sized and put them on a small tin coffee can and then stenciled flowers and such on it, so it could be a pencil/pen holder for years to come. Also for Christmas this year I gave my daughters teacher an electric pencil sharpener. You could do the same with the pictures on the sharpener too. Then make sure you put a coating over it. Mod podge or something?! Good luck.

go to www.personalization.com they have alot of great gift ideas.

A hand print shirt or picture would be fun and very personal. I have also seen scrapbook pages done that are nice and maybe easier than getting all the hand prints. You could start a scrapbook for her with your page and the rest blank with supplies for doing future years herself?

Hi T.,
I'm a school teacher myself and what I've appreciated from my students is a scrapbook of the year inclucing pictures, some photocopied assignments the kids did, perhaps having parents write a really nice letter to the teacher and including it in the scrapbook. One thing teachers love is a gift certificate to a really nice restaurant, or for a pedicure something that they can treat themselves to after a really hard year.

Maybe a picture of the class on a mug or a pic of the class where the mat has been "signed" (name or thumb print) by each of the students. Another idea would be to have each kid make a picture of why he loved Kindergarten/his teacher and have them bound together like a scrapbook.

When my kids were that age, I took a clay pot and let them decorate it with paint. I filled it with a flower, geranium or something else pretty. I attached a scanned picture of them and let them sign the back with a thank you. It is not expensive but very personal. The teachers loved it.

As a former teacher one of my favorite more personal gifts I ever received was a small photo album filled with pictures of the kids in my class. Each family had given a picture of their child for the book as well as written a special note to me on a colorful notecard. I still take that book out and look at the pictures and read the special notes from the children/families in the class.

what about a homemade card and gift card
book... signed by your daughter
t- shirt with kid's names

1 / 3