Embarrased Daughter with Small Bubs Help

I have a daughter that turned 15. She is embarrassed because she doesn’t have any bubs yet she is almost flat. Is there anything she can do to help her grow them, any advice of what she can do to not feel so embarrassed?

Thank you

There is nothing that she can (or should) do to make them grow. She is still young, and her body is still developing. There is time yet!

Instead of focusing on what she doesn't have, I would focus her attention on beautiful actresses (Kate Hudson, Debra Messing, Gwyneth Paltrow, Goldie Hawn come to mind) that are also very small busted. Show her that small busted can be beautiful, clothes fit better, and boys won't like her just for her breasts (because sometimes they do).

I agree with Heather.. A padded bra will give her a little boost.
Remind her that the girls with the opposite problem of too much breasts, are just as embarrassed and there really isn't anything they can do.
She needs to love herself, just the way she is. We are all different, that is what makes us special.

I think all girls are self-conscious at some point in their lives, about some aspect of their appearance.

My best friend and I laugh when we go shopping for bathing suits (and bras) because she buys the ones, "with the boobs built-in." She's barely an A-cup, but any time we go dancing with our friends, she (and another friend of ours that's VERY small-chested) are the ones that seem to get all the the attention.

The reason: they're in great shape, and they have ATTITUDE!!!!

That being said, my friends and I have been married for many years, and our husbands love us (and are attracted to us), no matter what our body types.

Please reassure your daughter that God made everyone different, and that people will love her for who she is on the inside, not how big (or small) her boobs are.

She can wear a padded bra and tight T-shirts. It's hard, but you will have to help her to love her body for what it is. We all come in different shapes and sizes and have to love who and what we are. Remind her that she can get away with wearing things that other girls just can't look good in. As long as she is confident, she should be okay, though that is going to be very difficult.

Also, keep in mind that this does not have to be a permanent situation. Her body is still growing.

I once worked at a bra specialist boutique. They have bras with removable inserts/padding that will help give her a little more shape in her clothes. Also you would be surprised to see that simply finding the right bra at a specialty store (not Victoria secret or dept. store) will help every woman feel better about their chest. Exercises that focus on upper chest may help some.
Most importantly, be sure to tell her she is beautiful the way she is, even if they never get bigger. Emphasize things about her body she already likes. It is very important at her age. If she is into fashion, remind her that high fashion models are often shaped more like her. Tell her from somebody who knows (myself) big "girls" aren't always better... back pain, trouble finding shirts, etc. If possible get her around positive female role-models a little younger than you (maybe late teenage, early twenties) that will encourage her to be confident in her own skin. I am almost 24 and work with young girls. Sometimes they need to hear positive things from someone other than mom because they feel you "have" to say those things.
BEST WISHES

Just some words of encouragement for her. When I was 15 I was flat also. I wanted boobs so bad. I don't know what happened but somewhere around 16 or 17, they started growing and I am now a D (which I am just fine with) lol. Tell her not to worry, they will come.

One possibility might be to focus on some other feature of hers that is especially great -- her big eyes, long eyelashes, thin waist, long legs, beautiful hair, beautiful hands, whatever she is justly proud of and gets comments on (or should be getting compliments for if all the kids around her weren't too busy worrying about their own boobs) and spend some time with her celebrating that and figuring out how to accentuate it with particular colors or cuts. The feminist in me wants to tell her and you to please just not worry about this, but I was 15 with no boobs once myself and telling 15 year old girls not to worry about how they look is like telling politicians not to worry about what the Pharmaceutical Industry will think of their votes on healthcare...

Here is another opportunity to prepare your child for life's frustrations. Do not emphasize body shape and size. Remind her not to compare herself to others as you always lose. Help her to see what is good in her. Make sure her dad loves on her and gives her hugs and kisses - yes, even when she acts embarrassed - have him steal them anyway. If she doesn't hear from her dad that she is beautiful (make sure he doesn't add the phrase, "the way you are" as it sounds like she is less than perfect), she will seek that from the first boy who comes around. Remind her that there is nothing wrong with her and that sometimes people are just mean. If someone repeatedly says something to her, have her say, "and ...?" As if to say that she is not affected by their comments.

1 / 3