Elmo Birthday Party

I am considering having an Elmo birthday party when my daughter turns 2. I have done some searching online and I saw some cute ideas, however I have found that you guys are the greatest with ideas. So does anyone have any suggestions on ideas for an Elmo birthday party?
I have not nailed down time or if it will be food or just cake and snacks. I don't generally do games, because the kids are all very young at this point. There will likely be 6 - 7 other kids and the rest (majority) will be adults. It will be indoors at a house, confined mainly to a kitchen, livingroom and dining room area. I am also looking at a small token gift rather than those dreaded treat bags.
Any suggestions you have for my currently broad idea is welcome. Thanks.

I had Elmo come to our house when my son turned two also. Elmo had a helper and she read a few Elmo themed books to the kids. He danced with them, would give them a hug and pose with them for pics. There were 5 kids all aged 2-3 and they LOVED IT. Our party started at 10:00 am and I had some fruit /juice/snacks setting out. We had a music w mar activity 10:30-11 and then Elmo arrived at 11 for 30 minutes. After Elmo left, I served pizza/salad and cupcakes with Elmo decorations on top. All the kids were home for their normal nap time. So many folks cautioned me that the kids would be afraid of the character. I got so lucky because each of the kids just burst with excitement and none of them held back approaching him. Have fun.

Are you a member of pintrest.com? OMG go on there and search Elmo party and be prepared for cuteness and crafty ideas galore :) I do own a boutique online and make some super cute elmo goodies, PM me if you want the addy :)

My son is currently obsessed w/ all things Jim Henson. ;)
We will probably be doing a tiny Sesame St. party for his 2nd bday in a few months too.
We did Elmo for our daughter's 2nd too...which meant I made her Elmo cupcakes. Lol.

As far as the goody bags go...Target and other stores like it have these 2 packs of SS characters. They run about $6. You could give each child one as a special gift. My son got most of them for Christmas and he loves them.

Obviously don't buy them from Amazon (crazy overpriced!) but here is a pic of them: http://www.amazon.com/Playskool-Sesame-Street-Figures-2-P...

HTH!

Love love love this site for birthday party ideas. People post what they did for their various birthdays. Here's their Elmo link,
http://www.birthdaypartyideas.com/html/elmo.html

both my children have had elmo parties, and then my Godson had an elmo party for his first birthday.

We did and Elmo pinata (pull strings... didn't want to traumatize them by beating on Elmo), Elmo Cake pops, check out birthdayexpress.com - they have great decoration ideas and party ideas!!

1 / 3