Elementary Schools in Alpharetta

Which Elementary School in Alpharetta would you personally rank the highest??? We are looking at rental properties & want to find something close to a good elementary school. My daughter will be in Kindergarten next fall. Thanks so much!!

Thank you for all the responces!!! Right now where we live (off Kimball Bridge) my daughter would be going to Ocee next fall. We are fine with that, just making sure there are no schools to avoid. I've visited all the websites that rate schools, etc. But wanted to hear from parents about there experiences. Thank You Again, J.

I don't live in Alpharetta but can tell you what we did before our recent move. Go to www.greatschools.net and do some research. It lists schools, their test scores, student-teacher ratios and demographics. It also has comments posted by parents. After hours of research, we chose to move to Suwanee.

We moved here (Alpharetta) over 9 years ago and our number one priority was being in the best school district.

My kids (1st grade and 5th grade) go to Dolvin Elementary and we couldn't be happier.

I also researched the GA Pre-K program pretty extensively so if you would like some insight on that too please let me know.

Being in real estate I'm very knowledgable about the Alpharetta (and surrounding areas) and can tell you that you won't go wrong with most schools in Alpharetta. For the East side of GA400 I'd recommend: Dolvin, New Prospect, State Bridge, Ocee, Barnwell, Lake Windward, Abbotts Bridge, Creekview, Shakerag and/or Medlock Bridge.

As long as you stay with either Autry Mill, Taylor Road, River Trail and/or Webb Bridge (for the East side of GA400).

The best high schools are: Chattahoochee, Northview and Alpharetta (for the East side of GA400).

As for the West side...any school that feeds into Milton High School (Northwestern and Hopewell Middle Schools...Summit Hill, Crabapple Crossing, Alpharetta Elementary Schools).

Please feel free to contact me regarding anything else in the area.

cell: ###-###-####
www.lisachasin.com

I taught in an Alpharetta elementary school for 5 years and I agree with the other poster that you really can't go wrong with any of the schools there.

Lake Windward is also supposed to be really good. Basically if you stay in North Alpharetta area, you're in a pretty good situation.

Hello J.,
I grew up in that area, went to HS there and any of the schools in the Alpharetta Area are good.( I live in Suwanee now). I would stay on the North side of Alpharetta though. Dolvin Elementary, States Bridges Elementary, Taylor Ele. are all great schools. I don't know what your situation is but, if you are in a position to buy a home rather than rent, you would be making a great investment in that area. Good Luck!

I personally highly recommend McGinnis Woods Country Day School - this is a private school owned and operated by Laura and Derek Robinson. The standards are exceptionally high and they advance students who show initiative and fast learning skills. I worked as an Assistant Director at this school for 3 years and my grandchildren will definitely attend here.
###-###-#### - the website is www.mcginniswoods.com
When you ask for Laura, tell her I referred you.
sincerely
M. Gullett

1 / 3