Egg Allergy - Boise,ID

My toddler son has an egg allergy. He doesn't eat many sweets, but I would like him to have some holiday treats. I am looking for egg-free recipes for holiday treats. Thanks so much!

There are even some basic, tasty recipes out there that don't include eggs anyway, such as Rice Crispies Treats cut out like Christmas trees (with a cookie cutter) and decorated with candy, or even fudge made with the recipe on the back of Eagle brand condensed milk.

Have you tried substituting applesauce for the eggs in your favorite recipes? It works well with cookie and cake recipes.

This is not just a holiday treat... I make them a lot because they are tasty and my family just gobbles them up. You use 1 regular size can of Libby's Pumpkin, (like you would buy for a pumpkin pie and use 1 box of cake mix. I prefer Pillsbury chocolate or for holidays I use spice cake mix a lot. You mix those 2 ingredients and nothing else. Then bake it according to the cake baking instructions. You can make muffins or bread or a cake. Since the pumpkin is high in fiber and low in calories, this is also a healthy treat, (but the kids don't have to know that). Enjoy!

My daughter is also allergic to eggs. I am not much of a baker, so for special occasions I go to the Watercourse bakery downtown. All of their baked goods are vegan (egg and dairy free--my daughter is also allergic to dairy). They also have a website with contact info, menus, etc. Good luck!

Hi K.! You can get Egg Replacer at Vitamin Cottage or Whole Foods. Also, we use apple sauce, 3 tablespoons per egg, for things like pancakes. Good luck!

My daughter also had an egg allergy which she is now outgrowing finally! You can buy an egg substitute at vitamin cottage that I used to make her treats. I would just use the substitute in place of eggs so that she could enjoy an occasional treat. Some things it worked really great in and others not so great so you kind of have to experiment a little.

Here is a web-site which offers egg replacers. These are not your typical egg substitute as they have absolutley no egg in them at all. http://www.ener-g.com/default.aspx They also offer recipes as well as other products for other types of allergies (ie. gluten free). Another web-site that I have found for egg substitutions is: http://www.foodallergykitchen.com/pages/recipes/substitut...

I'm in an allergy group on Yahoo that has some great recipes in the archives. One of our baking members has a daughter who's allergic to egg, dairy and nuts... so she's got a lot of yummy recipes that fit her needs & that are easy to make and delicious! She's very popular in the group. ;)

Let me know if you're looking for a specific kind of treat and I'll see if we've got something in the files for that. Or feel free to join the group yourself: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/TerrificKidsWFA/

1 / 3