Eczema in 2 1/2 Year Old

Hello moms, my son has been battling eczema for the past few weeks now. We've been to the doctor once and the doctor suggested doing some at home treatments at the moment, and if they didn't work, to come back for possible steroids. Has anyone else had to get their children steroids? What were the side effects? Would you recommend it? My doctor suggested the at home treatments due to his age. She didn't really want to do the steroids because he is young (he was also getting over a cold at the times too). Any help would be great!

I am going to have to agree with the allergy thing...my daughter's cleared up after being taken off of dairy and gluten. She is also on a daily probiotic (fluorigen, which we open the capsule and put it in applesauce) and on omega 3's as well.

I just had an Arbonne Party and the consultant said that there is a "baby" line that is used on sensitive skin that worked for her two children that had eczema. I am going to try it on my son who is 3 1/2. They have a wash, lotion, and oil. I can give you contact information for a rep if you are interested in trying it.

Hi J.!

My 2 year old has eczema as well. I belong to a wellness company that has awesome body cream that has worked wonders on him!!! If you are interested in the company just message me. S.

I do this:

Give my daughter a bath, and put Generic Eucerin Creme from Walmart comes in a tub like container costs $4dollars. I slap it on her super thick and don't rub it in all the way but leave it goobed on good. Then I put footie pj's on my daughter and zip her up. Pajama's keep the mess contained and let the lotion really sink in good. By morning she is as good as new.

For tough areas that this doesn't work we opt to use the steroid creme's but sparingly and occasionally. We haven't had any side effects.

my son is also 2 1/2 and deals with pretty bad eczema. I used to get away with using Aquaphor, but lately his allergies have been making it act up so badly he looks terrible. His doctor prescribed him a mix of Aquaphor and Hydrocortisone, and it has worked wonders. You can still see a bit of a rash, but it has improved tremendously. Also, we use Dove for sensitive skin, and free & clear detergent (no dryer sheets).

Hi J.
I would not give him steroids if you can help it. I have this lotion that works wonders on eczema it is called auruoa you can find it in the health food stores. I would use that but eczema is usually always a sign of some sort of food allergy so I would have him tested. Good Luck T.

My 1 year old son has eczema pretty bad on his legs and feet and sometimes on his arms, back and tummy. I use bath oil after his bath and then I use udder balm whenever I change his clothes or his diaper. Right now it is wonderful and barely noticable. With winter being gone, it should help clear up. I also notice that making sure he gets his regular baths through the week helps too. You can get the udder balm anywhere where they sell farm animal products like Farm & Fleet or Nasco (I'm not sure where you live - I didn't check). Udder balm is used for cows for milking. I've used it before for chapped hands and lips - it works great! There is also a cream form that looks more like lotion if you prefer that. You don't need to wipe it off, you just rub it on like a lotion and it really helps your hands too especially during the winter dry months (first winter my hands weren't constantly chapped and bleeding since I just rub the excess on my hands). Wish you the best of luck.

Our daughter's eczema is soooo much better after we started giving her omega-3s (fish oil) every day.

1 / 3