Eczema Help?

I have a 4 month old experiencing problems with eczema on his head, arms and back. The doctor has not prescribed anything other than over the counter remedies. Aquaphor, cetaphil. I apply cream at least 3 times a day and have been using 1/2% cortizone as well. My son seems uncomfortable and I think it interrupts his sleep as his itches. a friend had a prescription cream mixted with cetaphil plus a desonide cream for her son's head. I am not sure if use of these are ok or why my doc would not suggest them. My question is has anyone tried anything they feel is success in clearing up the problem? I am also breastfeeding and was advised to eliminate all diary? did this work for anyone. I will do anything to make my son feel better and help clear his skin. Thank you

Oh my goodness thank you so very much for all your responses. The biggest surprise to me was I never really found a pattern of things that worked for anyone. Seemed many had a remedy that worked for them. Through mamasoure a wonderful sweet Arbonne consultant has sent me products to try. I am currently giving them a try but it has only been for 2 days. His face improves during the day and then by morning it is red and irriated looking again. I am going to continue to fight it by applying cream. I did find out in the book what to expect the first year not to use vegetable fats or oils or petroleum jelly(such as Vaseline). When looking at products I was shocked at the ones I was using with petroleum jelly. I have stopped using them as of yesterday. Thank you all so very much for your input I can not believe what help I receieved and it was so helpful and thoughtful. Thank you again I pray all of us can be eczema free and our kids. It does not look like fun. Blessings! L.

My two year old son also has eczema and we first bath him using the cetaphil soap then we use the 1% cortizone cream then we put lotion on top of the cortizone cream and this seems to really work for him.

Hi my niece had severe eczema from birth and is now 4 years old and doing great. She was so bad that she would rub her arms and legs on the carpet until she bled. My sister-in-law was given all kinds of prescription meds but they didn't work. I do remember that you have to be careful with the cortizone cream though because it thins the skin. They found something called hydrolatum which is similar to eucerin and aquaphor but a little different and not as greasy. This is the one thing that started to work....you get it at the pharmacy by asking the pharmacist if they can order it for you. It comes in a 1 lb tub or a tube and is under $10. I know that Target pharmacy can order it and usually get it in about a day. Good luck.

Tabitha

My 20 month old has eczema and has since she was born. Eliminating dairy was a very big help. I also have a lotion that I use with the break outs. It helps with my eczema as well. I am a stay at home mom but part time I work for a company called BeautiControl. That is where I get the lotion. I have had ezcema my entire life and this is the only thing I have found that works for me and some other people I know. I also use dye/fragrance free laundry detergent and sheets. If you want to know more about it you can contact me through my web site beautipage.com/ashley0711 or e-mail me. Hope this info helps.

I used dandruff shampoo on my son when he had excema. I washed his head with it twice a week and really lubed him up with lotions and used hydrocortisone cream twice a day for a week during flare ups. He outgrew it and he's fine now. Don't get the shampoo in his eyes and rinse really well. Also try a cool mist humidifier in your home to help the dry skin.

Have you ever heard of a wellness company called Melaleuca? They manufacture products w/o the harmful chemicals that most companies put in their products. Because of this many families that have switched to Melaleuca products have seen eczema dramatically improve or be eliminated completely. Also, they have this lotion called ReNew that was developed for people with eczema and psoriasis. If you would like to learn more about this company I would love to share the information with you. Email me at ____@____.com

I used to sell Arbonne and the baby care they have really works. I haven't sold in awhile so I don't know what new things they have out...but I do believe they have a skin conditioning oil or something like that. I'd give it a try.

Good luck!!
Blessings,
A.

Encylopedia of Health & Natural Healing for Children by Weber

My son has Eczema as well. He gets it to the point where he wakes up crying in the middle of the night. His doctor prescribed two steroid creams for when it gets bad. Elidel for all over usage so to say for winter time, and Elocon for when he gets really bad rashes in a certain spot. In the summer/spring months I normally just coat him down with Euccerin lotion after his bath.

I also use the dye free detergents, and the kids shampoo/soap for sensitive skin. Every little bit helps.

Also in the winter I don't give him a bath every day unless he really needs it. We try to do every other day. These things seem to help a lot.
I don't know why your doctor wouldn't prescribe those meds, start trying the Euccerin dry skin lotion to see if that helps, it's not cheap but it's worth every penny!!!

my son had bad eczema as a baby too. We (doctor's advice) cut baths down to 2-3 days, and started using plain Dove soap (the white one, not pink)to wash him, and Aveeno bath to soak. Also, we were prescribed Elidel and used a very mild moisturizer (Cetaphil or plain Aveeno). Good luck!

ps. a few breastfeeding friends I know also tried eliminating different foods from their diets, and never seemed to help

My son is 10 years old and for a couple of years now we have been dealing w/eczema. I had to become my own doctor. I have discovered that Lactose free products work for him. He was or I should say is a big dairy fan so it was hard to take it away from him, so I decided one day to try Lactose free milk and after a couple of days I noticed a huge change in him. He was not itching his head or his arms. I toke him to an allergist to get tests done and he tested fine with everything. The Dr. said that he is not allergic to the dairy but his body can not process it correctly so it shows in the form of ezcema. It wont hurt to try Lactose free dairy products. I was at my wits end until now. I am happy to say that for about a year he is ezcema free.
I hope this will help.

M. K

Tabitha

1 / 3