We don't eat that mathematically at our house, but are believers in a good breakfast. Other goodies we like for breakfast include:
- French toast (soak cinnamon rasin bread in a sandwich bag with one egg, splash of vanilla, sprinkle of cinnamon. In the momrning the egg is all soaked into the bread and ready to cook). Good protein and fiber if you get a real fiberous bread. We use Ezekiel bread in the frozen section of grocery.
- Egg sandwiches (husband does this one. Butter and eggs in skillet. Squirt or two of Tapatio hot sauce. Fry eggs. Put on top of sourdough bread toasted in the toaster oven with cheddar cheese on both slices). Again - a great protein.
- scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, jalepenos, any kind of meat (ham, sausage, bacon) cooked and put into a tortilla for tacos or I prefer to eat it in a bowl with cheese sprinked on top. Protein!
- shredded wheat bites (my 2.5 yr old son loves when I get him three bowls - one for the cereal, one for milk, and one for yogurt. He dips each bite. Yumm and fun.
- My son does oatmeal too.
- we sometimes do granola bars on those 'quick' days.
- I've heard that smoothies with the right ingredients added to them can make for a very fullfilling breakfast. But my concern is lack of protein.
- You make biscuits - Learn to make a meaty cream gravy to go on top. YUM.
That's all I got. All breakfast stuff. I can't wait to see what others post.