Easy Christmas Crafts for Adults

Help!!!! I need an easy Christmas Craft. My friends and I get together every year at this time and and we spend a D. crafting. How it works is we each bring an idea and one finished product and enough supplies spo everyone gets to do the craft and then we all leave with 8 new crafts for Christmas. this year I can't think of anything and I need YOUR help. We are alotted 45 minutes for our craft to be completed. Please help I have to have all my supplies purchased before the end of next week. Thanks in advance for you creativity.

Decoupage ornaments! Buy clear glass ornaments and holiday napkins, and decoupage on torn or cut out designs off of the napkins. Then you can add glitter glue, star stickers and things like that. use a spray laquer to seal and add a bow to the top. Very cute and easy!

Bath Salts....mix up different types of salts, i.e. salt, epsom, sea, kosher with dry milk and oats ground up. Toss it all with olive oil and essential oils for a lovely scent. Place in decorative cellophane bags, tie with pretty ribbon....Happy Soaking. For Christmas I always use peppermint, or pine, or ginger, or citrus and spice, some kind of holiday smell. It will make the whole house smell great! (google bath salts - there are lots of recipes)

Merry Christmas!

Gosh, there is some much that comes to my mind. But I will settle for a festive ribbon door hanger. Take a lot of different ribbons for texture and color and fun. Tie different size jingle bells and tie them onto the ribbon at different heights. Now you can either take a metal ring that fits over the doorknob or just make a ring out of some ribbon for a starting point. Add ribbons for a cascade effect. Add a bow. You can also add beads or pearl stings to the hanger for sparkle. I hope that helps. Gee, I think I am going to make one for my door. :D

There are lots of fun ideas in the Family Fun website www.familyfun.com . Also, what about filling mason jars with cookie mixes, and covering the lids with holiday fabric and tie on the baking directions/ingredient list with raffia ? I bought a whole cookbook filled with "jar" recipes called "Gifts from a Jar" from Borders. People get lots of sweet treats around the holidays, but this they could make later.

Visit Lowe's online magazine, they have tones of cute projects that you can make for functioning all year round, or just for certain holidays... cool stuff. Check it out! :)

You could make scented ornaments for the Christmas tree. I don't have exact amounts, but you'll need a large bottle of inexpensive cinnamon-- Sprouts or Fry's might have it cheap-- then add small amounts applesauce until it forms a claylike substance. Roll out the "dough" to about 1/4 inch thickness and use cookie cutters to get festive shapes. Poke a hole in the top so you can later attach a string to hang the ornament. Lay them out on a cooling rack to dry until hard. They usually take about a D. to dry out at which point they can be painted if you want. They smell wonderful and will keep for several years. This is a nice and easy craft, but I don't know if you can do it in the timeframe you suggested. Maybe you could cut out the shapes and dry them beforehand and just paint the ornaments with your friends the D. of. Happy holidays! =)

I found some cute ideas on FamilyCorner.com

You can make cute reindeer ornaments out of wine bottle and champagne corks (real ones not synthetics) - use the champagne for the head (wide part up) - one wine for the body and two more for the legs - use pipe cleaners to shape tail and antlers - get a couple google eyes for each - hanging loop is a ribbon for the neck with a jingle bell or do separate using a thin golden cord for hanger - a scrap of fabric/felt cut to an oval shape over the back for a saddle - and use a small bead for the nose - red if you want Rudolph - brown for the other guys - hot glue gun it all together - have fun!

Use heavy construction paper in multiple colors and have each adult trace their hand and on each finger list something they are thankful for. You can use this for an ornament by punching a hole in top and using pretty riboon but it can also be attached to fridge, mirror etc to remind us everyday of our blessings. Since this is so easy and quick you might be able to have nine crafts at the end of the D..

Merry Christmas and God Bless.

1 / 3