Easter Basket Ideas for a 13 Month Old

I am curious about what you are giving as the "Easter Bunny" to bring to your infant on Easter. I bought him a easter basket but I don't really want to give him candy. He is my first child and I have never done this before. Any advice would be greatly appreciatied. Thank you!

I wanted to thank everyone for your great ideas. I have decided that the Easter bunny will bring him a stuffed bunny holding a football, a book, a little toy, with easter eggs filled with puffs and the Gerber wheels(he loves those). You have some wonderful idea and they were very much appreciated. Ya'll are great! Thanks again.

Just another idea. I have a friend who filled plastic easter eggs with cheerios and Gerber puffs. I thought that was a good idea since most one year olds love them both.

You already have a lot of good suggestions but as I have a 15 month old, I thought I'd give you my two cents as well. I am putting bubbles, a board book and a small stuffed animal in her Easter basket. We also hide eggs filled with stuff (I have two older kids as well) so for her, her eggs will hold a few mini m&ms, animal crackers, goldfish, and single cut stickers. Their first Easter is so fun and at your son's age, he will love hunting for eggs, even if there's nothing in them! Have fun.

Hi D.,

(Cool name!) BUBBLES! Spring is in the air and all little ones love bubbles. If you're looking for something bigger, a kiddie pool to get ready for the summer would be fun, or a small ride on toy that he can sit on and push around with his feet. Good luck and have a wonderful Easter!

Target has a toy easter basket (Mr. Potato head with bunny ears, bunny feet and basket and family). I was looking for something with out candy in it as well. i bought a stuffed bunny to go in it as well as colored balls and easter book.

For her egg hunt they had large easter eggs filled with toys. i got the my little pony one and the disney keychain one and took off the keychain part. Some were too small so replaced the toys with some i bought at the Dollar store.

When my 1st one's Easter arrived he was 11 months old and we didn't do anything. He was just too young to understand, to get candy, etc. To be honest, he won't know the difference, if you do anything it's for you and your husband. Maybe try an egg hunt? When my it was my daughter's first Easter, she too was 11 months, and we had a swing set in the backyard by then, so we did give her a baby swing. We filled it with the plastic straw or hay and a box of animal crackers and stuff - but to be honest, it was for my son's benefit, not hers. Kept the whole Easter Bunny thing alive for him.

eggs filled with goldfish, gerber snacks, a sucker, rubber braclets. i bought my daughter a dora the explorer dvd called easter egg hunt i found at sams club. i also got some bar soup in the shapes of ducks, eggs, ect. have fun!

We did animal crackers and goldfish, they're both small enough to fit in the plastic eggs. You could also use the gerber fruit chews for toddlers, the disolve very quickly so no choking risk.

Stuffed animal, DVD, board book, sidewalk chalk, bubbles, balls.... Oriental Trading Co has these cool sort of squishy shaped eggs, they're great for the younger crowd to 'hunt' or play with - my son still loves his from last year. I also got Easter-themed small rubber ducks from there. They ship fast so you would still have time to get them.

1 / 3