Early Stages of Miscarriage

I am in the early stages of a miscarriage and am not sure whether I should wait it out or is it better to have a D&C. With the holidays coming up I don't want to feel bad, but am not sure if a D&C is the way to go either. Any advice would be greatly appreiciated.

Thanks everyone. You have helped me out tremendously. I talk to my doctor tommarrow to see what we should do.

If it were me I would contact my OB asap. It might not be what you think. Plus I would rather "have it over with" if need be. I am so sorry.

K., I'm so very sorry for your loss.

I had a miscarriage 2 years ago at 11 weeks. Initially I opted to do it naturally, I didn't want surgery. The next morning though, I hemorhaged at home. It was very scary, I was home alone with my 2 year old and had to try and get to a phone without scaring him. I ended up losing a lot of blood, had an emergency D&C and had blood pressure problems afterward.

I don't want to scare you. a miscarriage alone can be traumatic. just follow your heart, and make sure you have people around for support.

First of all I am so sorry. I had a miscarriage at the end of August. I did it naturally and really was not as bad physically as I thought it would be. What is your DR suggesting? I concieved through fertility treatments so I was monitored very closely. I was given 2 weeks to miscarry naturally and then we would go from there. It happened about a week before I was suppose to back into see the DR to talk about the D&C. If your DR can monitor your PG levels and see that they are going down the way they are suppose to then I would say to give a natural miscarriage a chance. I would also recomend getting some pain meds from your DR if possible. My DR gave me vicodine which I did take when I knew for sure it was happening whic is probably why my miscarriage was not as physically as bad as I had expected. Good Luck to you.

I'm sorry you are going through this. When I was trying for my last child (ended up as twins) I did IVF four times. #2 worked and then I lost identical twins. I started to miscarry but scheduled a D&C so it would be over with so I could start to move on.

With IVF #3 I miscarried on my own at 6 weeks.

With the holidays coming up I would go for a D&C so you can start to move forward. That is just my opinion.

Hang in there.

K.-

I am so sorry to hear this news...a friend of mine was in your position and she waited it out and when her body FINALLY decided to let go, she said it was horrible. She wished she would've had the d & c. She was super depressed and she felt if she would've had the d & c, she would've recovered emotionally faster.

I wish you the very best in 2008, again, so sorry you're having to go thru this.

K., I'm very sorry for your loss. I had a miscarriage 5 years ago at 12 weeks. My doctor gave me the 2 options and I decided to have a D&C the next afternoon. Unfortunately, it should have been scheduled sooner because by the next morning I was in horrible pain, violently ill and bleeding terribly. In retrospect, I should have gone to the emergency room. By the time we got to the surgicenter I had passed out in the waiting room! It was a really horrible experience to go through. Depending on how far along you are, I would schedule a D&C and get it over with.

I've had a few other miscarriages, but they were so early on that it was just like having a period. Glad to say I'm done with all of that...I now have 2 beautiful adopted daughters from China!

Good luck to you.

I myself have never had one but being a member of a tubal reveral group I have learned quite abit about miscarriages. From what I have been told it is much better to wait it out and let your body miscarriage naturally. I am sorry about your loss.

I would go ahead with DC because most of the times you will miscarriage naturally but everthing will not come out and you have to have DC anyways. It happened to me 2 times the last time I was schedule for DC at 11am and everything started happening about 8:30am and I still had to have DC anyways. I feel its better to go ahead and get it done. Think if you are in the house alone or at the store miscarriage happen fast my last one i spotted for sbout 2 weeks then right before everything started coming out I was down stair when i got up stairs things just fell out. I'm not trying to gross you out but sometimes you dont get a warning before the final stage.

1 / 3