Early Miscarriage and After Symptoms

I would like to know if anyone can share their Miscarriage experience with me. Over last weekend I found out I was expecting (we didn't know) and then lost the baby within a few days. It was very hard. My question really surrounds the after symptoms. I am still having pain and exhaustion. I can't keep my eyes open and my body feels like it has been through trauma. Because it was such an early lose I didn't expect to feel like this. Has anyone experienced this? I have had lots of blood work to verify the pregnancy and I have to have more next week to make sure the hormone levels return to normal. Otherwise, I may be looking at a D&C. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Well, I received back my blood work confirming that the pregnancy is definitely over. It was really hard to hear because part of me was still hoping.... I will not have to have the D & C which I am very glad for. I don't think I could take that on top of everything else. Finally starting to feel better and only a little sore. At least I can sit down again.
Thank you to everyone who contributed their stories. I finally feel free to grieve and deal with the deep loss that I have. Reading everyone elses experiences really helped me to understand that I am right to grieve and it is supportive to me in so many ways. I especially appreciate all of the prayers!

A miscarriage can takee it out of you mentally, physically, and emotionally. I had a misscarriage at 6 or 7 weeks and it was a downer for me for about a month. I had to focus on my crafts, reading a good book, or something else I really enjoyed. Once things were strightened out with my physical being, I had to make up my mind to straighten out my mental and emotional state. I eventually had my daughter. She was beautiful and very much loved. I felt that the time wasn't right for a child when I had my miscarriage. I was fine and rarely even thought about the miscarriage only if someone said something about it.

K., As a person who experienced a miscarriage myself I understand what you are going through and I am so sorry for your loss. We live in a society that still doesn't share the pain a family experiences at this time. Your job expects you back to work as normal, friends,and even family don't talk to you about what has happened, or worse yet will say things only to make you feel worse. "Something must have been wrong", "you'll have another", even "everything in God's time". Even though the time you had knowing of your pregency was short your body and mind will take some time. Take time to morn, to share your loss with your husband, and if people say things that are dumb remember they may be uncorforable with the subject.You may be experiencing a degree of depression which can explain feeling tired. But remember this is normal.You are allowed this, and it's ok. You're body needs rest and your mind needs to go through the grief process. Don't expect to jump up and go,go, go. Go to the things that give you pleasure, or do something special for your loss. Church, plant a garden in memory, or just a quiet afternoon with your family. We live in a fast lane society and this is a time when you need to slow it down, take it easy, and you will move on. I'm not a doctor so if you feel call him/her or go in and talk about the things you feel. I hope I helped a little. Your sister in God. C.

I have never lost anyone but my grandma has lost twins right after they were born. I am sorry that you lost them. I would say the best thing to do in your situation is to pray.

Jesus I pray Lord for K. that you would give her comfort. I pray that your love will shine upon her. I resist that sickness in the name of Jesus. I command her body to line up with the word of God. Be healed in the name of Jesus. By Jesus stripes you are healed. I command her sleeping to return to normal. I pray Lord that you would open up that womb so that she may have a baby. In Jesus name I pray amen.

I'm sorry for your loss, K.. I've been there, twice. It's not easy and if you feel like crying, go ahead and do it, because you'll feel a little better afterwards. I, too, had bleeding after the miscarriages. The bloodwork it to check to see if hormone levels are dropping. If they are, then no D and C needed. I remember being slightly depressed afterwards, and also, because you've lost blood, you might be anemic. Your doctor will tell you if there is concern for that, so don't hesitate to ask about all of your sypmtoms. Don't worry, you guys will have more babies when it's time. I ended up having a hormonal problem, called a Luteal Phase Defect, treatable with Progesterone supossitories for 12 weeks during the 1st trimester. I have 2 healthy kids now, thanks to a thorough doctor who didn't give up on me. Hang in there, kid.

I am the mother of 4...3 boys ages 15, 10, &2 and 1 girl almost 4 yo. I experienced 2 early miscarriages after my first two children. One was at 6 weeks and the second was at 8 weeks. The first one miscarried completely and needed no additional care....of course I cried a lot and was emotionally drained (depressed to an extent), bled a little longer than a normal period but no real cramping/contrations. The second one was very traumatic for me as the baby seemed to be forming normally....heard the heartbeat and had an early ultrasound showing normal development. Any how, when I miscarried I continued to have contractions and had to go in for a D&C. I was physically and emotionally drained and it took me a week before I could do activities without pain. Have you had excessive bleeding? Are you experiencing contractions or severe cramping? Do you have a fever? Being tired is normal....your body has been through a lot!....however you should be able to function after a couple days, maybe not 100% or even 90%. I would definitely call your doctor if you think something is wrong or just don't feel right. Do you know that it wasn't a tubal pregnancy? Have you had an ultrasound? Everybody responds differently physically and emotionally to miscarriage. I would recommend a support group....we went to one at our hospital and it really helped. I will pray for your body to heal itself without any medical assistance. Please do call your doctor about the pain....some is normal and some is not and your doctor can help decide what to do. You do have a choice if they suggest a D&C....you can choose to have it done or try to let your body handle it naturally.....assuming you are not losing too much blood....I was a basket case when mine happened and was in the hospital within 12 hours and having a D&C and was off work for a week. Listen to your body and rest when it tells you to. God Bless!

I am so sorry for your loss.
I have 2 children (ages 3 and 1) and I had a miscarriage before each of them. It takes a HUGE toll on your body. My miscarriages were also very early on. I remember being sore, tired, not to mention MENTALLY exhausted. I had to have a D&C with one and the other ended naturally. It sounds like your husband is very busy, but I hope that you have SOMEONE to help give you a chance to relax. You said it best yourself, you feel like your body has been through a trauma - it has!!!! Your hormones probably still think you are pregnant - your body and your hormones will take some time to catch up with each other. Again, I am sorry to hear about your loss. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. Try to find comfort in the children you do have and I hope you are feeling better soon. Feel free to send me a PM anytime.

As far as I know, any time a miscarriage occurs, you have to have a D&C to get yourself "cleaned out" I would get ahold of your doctor right away and ask them. It could be why you are tired and lethargic. I would not wait, it could be toxic to your system if you dont get it taken care of. I wouldnt take any chances if I were you.

I found out last Friday I was pregnant and then started bleeding Monday. It was just at 5 1/2 weeks, but I never expected to feel so tired. I couldn't lift my head off the pillow. Emotionally I was doing okay, but physically drained of all energy. I had a little more bleeding than usual and some cramps, but nothing extraordinary. I didn't have any pain other than that and the drs told me to just make sure I wasn't soaking through a pad an hour. I'd call your doctor and ask them. They've done this often and should be able to help you.

I lost my baby at 5 months gestation. The biggest thing I remember at it was the feeling of emptiness. I had to have a d&c because I bled very heavily and was in a lot of pain. I do remember being tired when I got out of the hospital but mostly I just felt numb. I know this probably doesn't help answer your question really well but it is about all I can offer. I wouldn't worry to much about being tired and such. No matter how far along you were, your body still had to undergo a lot of changes trying to support this child. Please talk to your doc if you are worried that things aren't as they should be. I wish you the best, Shannon G.

1 / 3