Dryer Has Marks on the Inside--how Do I Get It Off?

We have a relatively new dryer--we got it in November--and something left marks on the inside of the drum after the last cycle. I can't figure out what the culprit was! It looks like paint. It isn't crayon, that I know for sure. None of the clothes from that load look any different than they did before the wash...it's a mystery. Anyway, does anyone have any ideas of how to remove marks from inside a dryer? I am afraid to use a chemical solvent because of flamability. And water won't do the trick. HELP!

Thanks, everyone, for the ideas! As recommended, I got the Magic Eraser, and it took off about 90% of the marks. I appreciate everyone's responses!

Hello. I am a mom of 5, and I just had a red crayon go through the dryer yesterday! We used Scrubbing Bubbles, let it soak for a minute before wiping, and it wiped right off. But if you want to go natural, try using lemon juice. It's a great cleaner, all natural, and it disinfects too!

Try the magic eraser if that doesn't work and it isn't leaving marks on the clothes then I would just let it go and not stress out over it, reality is nobody cares what the inside of your dryer looks like, thank-goodness cause mine over the years has started to look like a I let the little ones paint the inside, and like you I can't figure out where 3/4's of it came from.

It is probably from metal buttons. Try a Mr Clean Magic Eraser however I would say that this happens inside the dryer unless you never drive coats, jeans or anything with metal buttons or zippers.

I would try a Magic Eraser. They are made by Mr. Clean. They get out everything! I have used it to get crayon off walls, scuff marks off floors, everything! It really is magic!

We have "stuff" we don't know where it came from, clothes look the same, etc. on our dryer. The Magic Eraser worked. I think you can get coupons on the internet for them. I got tired of scrubbing and have noticed over the past year the spot is getting smaller.

1 / 3