Dry Scalp Not Dandruff

I was wanting to know if anyone has any suggest any other product other than "Head & Shoulders" then I moved on to "Nuetrogenas T-Gel" it has tar coal in it. I started getting these dry flakes after my son was born 12 years ago. And over the years it will not go away. I thought it was maybe due to my Lupus or diabetes or even Eczema, but now my son has it. We have really thick hair, so we tried having our hair thinned, but didn't do any good. I have tried lotions and conditioners no good, it just leaves my hair to oily. It is very embarrassing to me and I'm sure it is to my son also. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.......

A., I use this product that I order from a wellness company. That hands down, gets rid of my kids eczema. I have 4 children, 2 of which have a sensitivity to dairy products and when eaten they both get horrible eczema down the back of there legs. 1 night of appling this lotion to their legs and they look so much better. It is called Renew.

I have eczema on my scalp. My dermatologist prescribed Luxiq, a cortisone foam for the scalp. It works wonders for me. My scalp used to be flaky, scaly and extremely painful. Now, it is back to normal, and I only use the Luxiq when I have flare-ups. It is expensive, but it is definitely worth it.

Arbonne has a daily self-adjusting shampoo with tea tree oil specifically for this. It is the natural choice for combating a dry, flaky scalp. It is a super-charged blend with nanospheres, tea tree and peppermint oils, licorice, rosemary, and sage extracts. All Arbonne products are made with the best ingredients and have a 45 day money back guarantee. Let me know if you'd like me to order some for you.

I have had the same issues - the gal who cuts my hair told me to try to take some allergy meds (beynodryl...) She said it could just be the way my body is reacting to the change in weather - since things change as we get older! might help

Have you been checked by a Dermetoligist? I went to one and found out I had scalp psoriosis. It would be worth the visit.

i suffer from dry scalp in the winter and use t-gel, but some times Scalpicin (head and shoulders has a similar formula as well)is what works the best. it's a small bottle that you just put in your hair and rub into your scalp. you don't wash it out or anything. i love it, because occassionally i get the "itchies" from the lack of humidity during the winter. i don't have as big of a problem now that i'm back in Kansas (lived in Utah for 9 years. the desert isn't kind to the scalp), thankfully.

good luck!

I really like the Tea Tree shampoo and conditioner from Paul Mitchell it has helped my scalp a lot.

My sis in law has the same problem. Head and shoulders makes your scalp dependent on it. Try paul mitchells tea tree oil shampoo and conditioner. It made a huge difference in her hair, and doesn't leave you oily!

My mother used Selsun Blue Medicated with me, and I use it with my son, honestly to this day I still use it, cuz it still works. I hope that helps. I have recommended it to my friends and they all used it and said that it worked for them too. Blessings!!!

1 / 3