Dry Scalp - Huntington,NY

My 3 year old has dry patches on his scalp.... Sometimes it flakes into his hair...Any suggestions?

Hi E.,
It may be eczema or psorisis. I would see a doctor. Sometimes the condition carries into adulthood.

Hi E.,

It sounds like he has eczema. I have had customers contact me about this looking for a solution. I highly suggest Arbonne's Baby Care Body Wash and Oil. You would most likely see huge results in about a week at the most. If you like, I'd be happy to send you a sample. You can email me at ____@____.com my best,

Hi, my daughter has that. She is 8 and has had that for a long time. This is what we do and it works very well. Sit your 3 year old in front of a window with a clean stiff bristles paint brush (children's one) and a few tablespoons of olive oil and a comb. Part his/her hair in sections and at the scalp paint on the oil. Swirl the brush around and often flakes will come off right then and there. Do the whole head, paying particular attention to anywhere you see the dry skin patches. Leave the oil on for about ten minutes and then in the bath or shower really massage the head and try and loosen more dry patches. Then wash. You will probably have to wash the hair two or three times. If you do this a few times you will see massive improvements. This works for grown ups too.

catherine

I know from experiences with my three boys, but it happened when they were infants and had craddle cap so I wonder if you can do with your three year old boy....put baby oil in his hair and comb it through and then I think it's an hour later you can wash his hair. Hope that helps. I'll pray for Jesus's Wisdom for you also.

Hi E.,

We've used olive oil and Burt's Bees Apricot Baby Oil (smells really good!). Rub some on his scalp during a bath and use a baby comb to work out the flakes. May take a few tries.

baby oil at night and wash every other day

My 21 month has a dry scalp too. He's had it since he was born. I use vasoline. I also have been making sure I really get the shampoo off his head when washing his hair. The dr. also told me to use hydrocortisone. It worked okay also.

I used Aquaphor on my son's scalp before bedtime. The dry patches were gone in 2 days! I love that stuff!
-T.

1 / 3