Dry Patch on Scalp

I'm looking for something to rid my 3 year old daughter of a dry patch on her scalp. My mom said to put oil on it but I don't want to damage her hair or clog her pores on her scalp. Is there any shampoo safe enough for kids that can help or even any other product that would help? It's only on a small spot on her head so I would need something safe for her whole scalp or something that can be applied directly. Any help is appreciated.

Olive oil did a great job when my daughter had cradle cap. Put it on and wait 20 minutes to shampoo and it washes right out with baby shampoo. Plant oils are better than mineral oil.

we use huggies naturals daily shampoo, not had any wierd dry patches since. We also make sure not to use bubble bath water on her hair. Hop ethat helps.

Olive oil (or coconut oil) will help with the dryness and won't damage her skin, pores or hair--actually the "specialty" shampoos may cause more problems than the oil.

Mineral oil or maybe even almond oil might work. I would want to rule out ring worm too just in case.

Mom's are always right! Mineral Oil works wonders....

use a gentle dandruff shampoo. also, if you don't want to use "oil" then buy some scalp oil at a beauty supply store.

Olive Oil is nice for dry skin, also google ringworm, if it looks like ring worm then use Tea Tree Oil,from a natural store, do not let the Dr pump your child with pills or rub on creams, they do not work, we have been dealing with this since Easter and in one week the Tree Oil has cleared ours up.

Where on her head is the dry spot? I'd recommend something like aquaphor if it's a small spot and using a Q-tip to apply it. Aquaphor is very greasy, but it's really safe and works like a champ on most dry skin conditions.

1 / 3