Dry Itchy Sore Hands

My hands have always been real soft and smooth. I have noticed lately that they are very dry and itchy and kinda like burning. They feel sore and like cracked almost. They are red and blotchy and hurt.
Does anyone have any tips to help them be normal again"?

Ive been puttin lotions on them and it helps for a few mins and then they itch and burn again.

THANKS EVERYONE!! Im tryingmany many of the things mentioned. Ive been trying different lotions and washing my hands in a warm water and not hot. Ive been soaking them in lotion (puttin it on thick!!) and frequently!
Ive been gobbing it on at night especially! THANKS!!
I also had a few ladies offer to send me samples of things to try and i really appreciate that ALOT!!
Thanks everyone!!

I use Aquaphor for any dry, itchy skin. My daughter has eczema, and we smear her down with it every day. It also works nicely for lips.

I am a Mary Kay independent beauty consultant and I use the Satin Hands Kit myself. It works great and it lasts a long time. The kit is $30. I can get a sample for you. Here is my web site-

www.marykay.com/crystal_smith2007

Or my email is: ____@____.com

When you go to bed at night....if you can stand it....put A LOT of lotion or vaseline on your hands....put baggies/ziploc over them then some good thick cotton socks! The socks help hold the baggies on PLUS keeps the warmth in along with the plastic. I do this to my hands and feet! Keeps them nice and soft. You don't have to do it every night just when you start to feel dry. Hope it works and let me know!

When my hands get dry and burn like you have described, the only lotion that I have found that does not burn in Johnsons baby lotion. It is very gentle and soothing. After one application my hands always feel much better.

I have not tried some of the other things that have been suggested. Another solution that I have found is Virgin Coconut oil. It is great. Soakes right in. Works great on diaper rash too.

One more thought...winter time can be very dry, could you be a little dehydrated?

Little about me: I am a happily married SAHM of 4. Daughters ages 5 1/2, 4, 3mo. Son age 23mo.

Hi B.,

I just started using Eucerin Calming Creme and I love it! I think it works really well.

I have these symptoms every winter. The best solution is to use olive oil on your skin when you get out of the shower. Use it after handwashing, use it as much as possible.
Pure shea butter is another alternative.
Neither of these products will burn when applied.
You may also need a humidifier in your living area/ working area.
Use Johnson & Johnson Baby Wash (PINK BOTTLE) to wash hands. Other soaps will dry. NEVER use bar soap. EVER.
Your condition will improve in 1 day.
Both of these products are also excellent for dry hair. You may rub in olive oil after bathing, or on cry hair. After a week you will see results. ( I have processed hair, so it is very dry.)
Hope all works good for you.
Tell me how it goes.
R.

I work in a hospital. The soap and hot water TEAR my hands up. When I sleep, if my hands are really bad...I put LOTS of lotion on them wear non latex gloves (box from walgreens is cheaper than the lotion) and put warm socks on. The socks make them sweat and the moisture & lotion softens the hands and restores. I like Bath & Body works body creams but I also like Jergens Ultra Healing and others.

I love Mary Kay and Shaklee myself, but if you need something fast, get the Aveeno Baby moisturizing cream. It has colloidal oatmeal in it and is fragrance free. I originally bought it for my 6 month old since she has some eczema, but now I use it on my own dry hands, which crack and bleed in the winter, and the lotion works great.

Hi B.,
Sore hands are so annoying. My hairdresser says her hands would crack open and bleed every winter until she started using this multi-purpose cream. You can see information about it at: http://www.shaklee.net/changinglives/product/31751

Here's also a site where you can check out various products to see if they have toxic ingredients in them. I'd strongly advise you to check out some of the other things that were recommended to you. http://www.cosmeticdatabase.com/index.php?key=9818605&amp...
Here's hoping you find what you're looking for.

1 / 3