Dry Hands and Cuticles

Does anyone have any inexpensive suggestions on products that will help dry hands and cuticles? My hands, cuticles and even fingertips are so dry this time of year! Thanks!

Before I go to bed, I put a thin layer of Vasaline on my hands and rub it in as best as I can. A couple of nights of that and it feels like spring. Oh, and use gloves hwen you wash the dishes. That helps me out a ton! My hands crack and bleed in the winter, and this seems to help the best.

Restoration Hardware in Town Center carries this (IMHO) miracle in a jar called "no crack". I do hair and suffer from exema on my hands and this is the only thing I have found in 37 years that works! (and it's less than $10 for a pot that lasts FOREVER!) Good luck!

I absolutely love the M. Kay Satin Hand. I have tried everything over the counter and nothing seems to work the best for me and my dry skin the most than the Satin Hands. It is about $30 for the whole set, but if you just want to use the lotion it runs about $8. If you don't have a M. Kay consultant I know a great one. Or if you want more information on M. Kay products you can go to www.marykay.com/audreyancell

creamy vaseline. you can use this any time day or night with no greasy feeling. it is total magic!

show of hands by BeautiControl is awesome. I also have dry hands that even crack in the winter but since I have started using this I don't have those dry cracked hands anymore. You can contact a rep at beauticontrol.com. I don't use it everyday and use it when my hands get dry, I have had my container for over a year and my husband also uses it and likes it. It is a little expensive but last a long time and works great. It is a oil sea salt and real runny but a little drop goes a long way and I haven't used the Bath and Body works product but did see it there and looked like a similar product and was cheaper.

Just a couple more suggestions. My husbands grandmother always used to make bread in the wintertime to help her hands. The butter helps to soften hands. Just don't wash with soap right afterward. If you are not into that, I have had a lot of sucess with Nutragena hand cream. It comes in a small bottle but a little goes a long way and it really helps. Johnson and Johnson has also recently come out with lotion for adults and is one of the best lotions I have ever used and I have tried a lot of them. Everyone's skin is different though so you just have to find what works for you. Oh, and don't forget to drink water. We tend to forget in the winter to drink as much and that doesn't help the dry skin either.

Olive oil works best for me. Dab it on with a cotton ball. Then just rub it in well, especially into the nail and cuticle and then blot dry.

Cornhuskers! It is the best, I started using it years ago and have loved it since!! It smells a little funny and feels kinda gross at first but it WORKS!!! You can get it at pretty much any drug store for the same $$ as average lotion.

My hands used to crack and bleed and I wanted an easy fix but I don't think there really is one. Satin hands set by MaryKay is a really good product. But you can also, in a more inexpensive way, use brown sugar and baby oil as an exfoliant and then get a good hand cream, don't skimp and get Suave, and apply every time you wash your hands, or at least as often as you can. Bath and Body works has a good hand cream called Look Ma New Hands that is pricy but goes a long way.

I use the Gold Bond Ultimate lotion with Shea Butter. I have a daycare so I am constantly washing my hands and I use that right after. I use ot all thru the winter and my hands seem to do better with it.

I rub vitamin E oil on mine. It is about $5 for a pretty big bottle. You can find it with the other "natural" vitamin type things at the drug store. It really seems to help. I also put it on my chapped lips. I get really dry in the winter too! Good luck.

1 / 3