Dry Cleaning Costs!!!

I brought some of my husbands clothes in to get dry cleaned. I believe there were 5 pieces total and it was $16.55. I did not think that this was an outrageous price as it included my husbands class A (dressy) Army uniform. But I also wanted a wool coat of mine cleaned so I can be ready for winter. She wanted to charge me $25 just for the coat! This price seems crazy to me! I said no thanks and will be looking for another place to clean the coat at a more reasonable cost. Am I wrong in thinking that $25 for one coat is extreme? How much do you pay?

Thank you for your responses! I have been looking into dryell, but I get worries for my winter coat as it is very expensive. I think I will first look for a more reasonably priced cleaners, and if I can't find one, then I will try the dryell.

I think that's about average. Sometimes dry cleaners run coat cleaning specials.

Dryel, that is made for dry cleaning at home, is actually quite good. You may not want to use it for his class A uniform because I know that needs to be pressed just right HOWEVER for your coat and other things it works fine. It's really inexpensive if you get it at Big Lots...I believe it's a regular carry for them.

God bless,

$25 ?? Way too much. Is your coat suede? I have a suede vest and went to have it cleaned and it was outrageous what they wanted for it - can't remember the amount but I do remember making a mental note after hearing the price they wanted and told myself "no more suede".

That is high for me too. I pay $8 to $12 depending on the length of the coat if a winter wool. A down parka type would be $10 and they fluff it again after it is cleaned. A lighter wool coat, more for cooler spring days that is hip length is $6 to $8.

I am in Atlanta, GA and my white winter coat (not wool) has cost me from $12-$18. $25 is egregious unless you are living somewhere that the cost of living is already high such as NYC or LA. I suggest to investigate for a new dry cleaner. Good luck!

Updated

I also recommend the Dryel, I have had a lot of good luck with it.

Updated

1 / 3