"Dry and Cracked Hands"

Hello mommies!!! It's that time of year again..!! My hands are in terrible shape and I am looking for some suggestions. My hands are constantly in water at home and bleach water at work, so needless to say they are extremely dry, cracked, and bleeding. I have been putting Aquaphor on them and then I put latex gloves on for a little while to let it absorb into my skin. What does everyone out there use?! Is there something better than what I am currently using? Thanks in advance!!!

Just wanted to add that I do wear gloves at home when I clean or do dishes. It's the constant hand washing that gets me. However, with the huge cracks and bleeding I am hesitant to put lotion type products on because it BURNS like crazy...!!! Thank you all so much for all your responses!! Happy Holidays Mommies!!!

Renew Hand Wash and Lotion should do the trick for you. Also, can you use gloves especially at work if you must use bleach water?

neutrogena Swedish formula hand cream is the BEST! Has an aquaqhor/vaseline-like consistency without leaving the oily feel.

I suffered with eczema on my hands for years and the prescription creams did not even work for me. It finally cleared up when I tried Neutrogena Hand Cream. Good Luck!

Your hands' best friend is a pair of rubber gloves. Nighttime treatment with Aquaphor or Bag Balm and thin rubber gloves (or cotton) will make a big difference.

R. B. I know that hurts triple antibiotic (neo sporin) I buy equate brand from Walmart. I use it on my hands, lips, I have even put it on a q-tip and put it in my nose when I have a sore, I have used it on diaper rash as well. I swear by it totally. If you find Aquaphor is not working try doing the same with the neo sporin..I don't buy the brand name either I always use the generic..after you get your hands healed take a drop or two of cooking oil and rub that on your hands in the evening and that will help keep them softer or if you can make meatballs every week to help keep your hands soft. Good luck.

Go to a nail salon and treat yourself to a paraffin wax treatment. Or you can buy your own wax kit for about 20-30 dollars if this is a chronic problem. Also- When my Dad had REALLY bad hands that 'udder cream' helped him. You can put it on at night and then sleep with gloves on. That will really help let it soak in.

Palmers cocoa butter! My hands do the same thing this time of the year. :( I don't use gloves on them. I also put the cocoa butter on my hands right before I go to bed. My daughter has really dry skin and cocoa butter helps her too!

I use rubber gloves when cleaning to protect my hands. Mosturizing the hands and wearing gloves at night will help restore your hands. Personally I use a mixture of raw shea butter and jojoba oil with some kind of essential oil. Peppermint works really nice and the scent is wonderful too. I would begin to tackle this problem by wearing gloves when working. Keeping up the moisturizing throughout the day and limiting being in the water without gloves to the necessary hand washing and body washing. I may even use gloves to wash my hair just to protect my hands.

Suprisingly I like the Suave lotion. I'm very picky about my lotion and I can't stand heavy lotions. This worked overnight. I was in the middle of a move and cooking thanksgiving dinner so my hands were in water or lifting heavy dirty boxes. They were trashed. I put some on whenever possible and then about three pumps of it before bed. They are beautiful now.
I also love sugar scrubs. I can't afford to buy them, but I make my own. I use brown sugar and white. Brown will make you sticky but It makes me super soft. I mix it in my favorite body wash right before I use it or else it dissolves. Love it. I think I might tonight. People also suggest gloves. I wouldn't use latex ones because you just sweat. I like those cheap knit gloves. Or socks. Take them off after the lotion is dry. My hands are glorious.

1 / 3