Drop-In, Occasional Daycare - Does It Exist?

My old job recently asked me to return to work part-time, on a project-by-project basis. Primarily, I would be working from home, but they want me to come in to the office one day a week. However, the day of the week will vary and there will be weeks where I needn't report at all. Our dilemma is that we can't afford to commit to a daycare on those weeks when I am between projects (and therefore not making any money). Anyone know of a daycare where you can just drop-in? Otherwise, any suggestions on finding a babysitter in the Troy area who could accomodate our needs?

Kindercare has such a program. I'm not sure exactly how it works but I know there is a kid at my son's (26mos)daycare who is a drop-in.

Also, Rainbow Child development center does. They have many locations around the metro area. Good luck!

Hello K.,

I am also looking into home care. they seems to be more flexible. I have several recomemdations...I have it at my office. I will e-mail it to you....where about in Troy?

Well, I was given this email threw DHS but you should be able to use it. She only sent me a list for the Southfield area, but this is what I requested. Just email her with your info and she will get back to you. Hope this helps.

Saturday Everyday Play Center, LLC
###-###-####
67@ Beltline Rd (Licensed child care center)
Cedar Hill, TX
Daily, hourly, weekly rates
New Rates not yet posted on web site

Hi, I'm the mother of 2 year old twin girls and am starting an in-home child care. I will gladly accept drop-ins. As a mother of twins, I understand how important it is to find quality child care that allows your child to grow and learn in a safe and loving environment. I have a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Psychology, am CPR & first aid certified and live in Alexandria, near Wal-Mart. You can email me at ____@____.com.

1 / 3