Drop-In, Occasional Daycare - Does It Exist?

Updated on September 21, 2011
K.V. asks from Royal Oak, MI

My old job recently asked me to return to work part-time, on a project-by-project basis. Primarily, I would be working from home, but they want me to come in to the office one day a week. However, the day of the week will vary and there will be weeks where I needn't report at all. Our dilemma is that we can't afford to commit to a daycare on those weeks when I am between projects (and therefore not making any money). Anyone know of a daycare where you can just drop-in? Otherwise, any suggestions on finding a babysitter in the Troy area who could accomodate our needs?

• Add your own comment
  • Ask your own question
  • Join the Mamapedia community
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

answers from Washington DC on

Hi, I'm the mother of 2 year old twin girls and am starting an in-home child care. I will gladly accept drop-ins. As a mother of twins, I understand how important it is to find quality child care that allows your child to grow and learn in a safe and loving environment. I have a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Psychology, am CPR & first aid certified and live in Alexandria, near Wal-Mart. You can email me at ____@____.com.

answers from Dallas on

Saturday Everyday Play Center, LLC
67@ Beltline Rd (Licensed child care center)
Cedar Hill, TX
Daily, hourly, weekly rates
New Rates not yet posted on web site

answers from Detroit on

Well, I was given this email threw DHS but you should be able to use it. She only sent me a list for the Southfield area, but this is what I requested. Just email her with your info and she will get back to you. Hope this helps.

answers from Detroit on

Hello K.,

I am also looking into home care. they seems to be more flexible. I have several recomemdations...I have it at my office. I will e-mail it to you....where about in Troy?

answers from Detroit on

Also, Rainbow Child development center does. They have many locations around the metro area. Good luck!

answers from Detroit on

Kindercare has such a program. I'm not sure exactly how it works but I know there is a kid at my son's (26mos)daycare who is a drop-in.

Next question: Flexible or Part Time Child Care -- What Do Other Families Do?