Drool Rash - Austin,TX

My 7 month olds drool rash is out of control. I have tried Aquafor, the lanolin nipple cream from Lansinoh, two prescriptions, a lanolin free nipple cream, organic skin care creams, and neosporin just to name a few. Does ANYONE have some miracle cure out there for this? I try to keep the area clean and dry all day and even put ointment on her when she is asleep in the middle of the night and nothing is working. What am I missing? It's getting worse every day and it itches her in the night so she is scratching it which irritats it more. I will go back and seach for a similar question from another mom to see if there are answers circulating.
Thank you for any help you can send my way.
~B

I emailed a while back (twice) on what was at first a drool rash on my daughters chin, then it was diagnosed as eczema by 4 pediatricians and one dermatologist. They kept telling me it would pass and it's NOT internal. They kept giving me cream after cream and the same ole answers so I did some research on my own and found this book called Super Immunity for Kids written by Dr. Leo Galland. It was amazing! He talked a lot about infant and childhood eczema as well as kids who are sick all the time. He says childern need Essential Fatty Acids. I took his advice, went to Whole Foods and bought Evening Primrose Oil, Flax Oil and Fish Oils. I started putting this on my daughters skin as well as giving it to her internally. OVER NIGHT her inflammation on her chin was better. Two months later it is 90 % better. She had three spots on her chin and one is completely gone. I was so blessed to find this book and I want to recommend it to all you moms out there who are dealing with eczema, ear infections, colds, viruses etc.. It's worth a shot if you are tired of putting creams on your kids or giving them anti-biotics. It's is a older book but SO GREAT!
Thank you!

Do not sweat it use Dr Smith ointment for the rash. When my daughter was a baby she had the same problem. The rash went away within two days. I even asked the Pediatrician and he agreed for me to keep using the ointment. You can find the ointment at HEB.

E.

we have faced this several times and it is so miserable and painful for both of you. Believe it or not a mary kay product (emolliant night cream) is a lifesaver. It has an odd smell and is pink in color but it works so well

Sounds crazy but bad balm is the key. It comes in a square, green tin and it will only take a couple of nights to clear up any chapped skin. It worked on me and on my kids. My husband reluctantly tried it when we were camping and we were chapped from too much sun and wind. He's a believer now! Good luck!

I swore by A&D ointment it worked every time. Use the yellow ointment and not the white zinc oxide.

My son's eczema started with a drool rash and it got so bad....after a couple of weeks he got impetigo (who knows where he picked up the bacteria for that). Keep a close eye on it. After we saw the pediatric dermatoligist we started using a cream called CeraVe - you can get it at Walgreens. I use it every time he has an eczema outbreak and it keeps him from ever getting bad and stops the middle of the night scratchys. good luck.

Hi! I has a similar problem, tried everything that was out there but nothing seemed to work EXCEPT crema de calendula (cream of calendula)which I found at Sun Harvest. It worked right away. Good luck!

My son had a rash like that on his cheeks for a few months. It didn't really get around his mouth, just really up on his cheekbones. My pedi told me it was contact dermatitis. She gave me some creams which helped some. I
She told me it's caused mainly by the drool, but it could also be a reaction to a laundry soap, a fabric softener, or something like that, anything she comes into contact with might make it worse.
I went green by purchasing through an amazing company. Sorry, my son is teething right now and I have to go, but you can pm me if you want to know more.

Be blessed!

Try using Bag Balm it is used for cows udders. I am not sure what is in it that works but by mother in law reccomended it to me when my children were little. You can find it at Walgreens or Walmart,it comes in a square green tin. It worked wonders on my childrens rashes when they were little and we still use it today for dry hands, feet etc I used it on my face after using to much Retin A after trying numerous creams and it cleared it up in two days.

VASELINE...apply liberally throughout the day. Works wonders for my son's drool rash/chapped skin.

E.

We went through this as well. The only thing that worked for us was a dermatologist. We got a referral from our pediatrician. It took about 4 visits and 4 different products but we finally found one that cleared it up. So treat it like any other problem your LO would have and see a doctor about it.

1 / 3