Dress-up Dolls That Aren't Barbie or American Girl?

Can anyone tell me if a doll exists - that are not Barbie or American Girl - that offers different outfits a 4-year old can change her into?

My daughter loves the Groovy Girls, and you can buy outfits to change them into. You can find a lot of the accessories at Target, Marshalls, Learning Express, and a bunch of online stores. Also, the Snap n Style dolls are great, my daughter has one of those as well, but they aren't soft.

I don't know if this is exactly what you're looking for, but I kept some of my daughter's infant clothes for her to dressup her build-a-bear.

I have a friend who makes outfits to fit Barbie and American Girl dolls. If you would like will find out how much she wants for them and get a price list.

My mom got my little girl(4 years old) a cute little doll from Lillian Vernon(it's a catolog, but also has a website). It's about as tall as a barbie, but a little wider, and the best part-no boobs! There are alot of outfits and shoes that come with it, and also a little case that holds all of it(you can also personalize the case with their name-my mom did that). My daughter loves it, and I am happy about it, too, since it doesn't have a woman's body to be dressing. I would highly recommend it.

D

I know Lillian Vernon used to sell a few that came with trunks of outfits. You daughter may need a little help at first getting the hang of the clothes though.

There is Cabbage Patch, I bought her a regular doll in Toys R Us no name brand. My daughter who is also 4 has several dolls and she uses some of her old clothes from when she was a baby. Onesies.
Hope this helps
C. W.

"Little Mommy" has baby dolls that have outfits that your little one can change.

K.,

My daughter has a baby that looks like a real baby and cost very little. She got it as a gift a few years ago and loves it still. She's now 10. We buy her doll clothes from Walmart and Target and at Consignment Shops. We wait until they are on clearance and pay next to nothing for them. We get preemie or newborn size and they seem to fit well. We actually just bought a bunch of clothes at JCPenney for $20 and if we paid full price they would have been over $100. She got Carter's brand clothes and a snowsuit for under $5 each. Some were $1. We also get the accessories at yard sales. As they get older they love to push them in strollers or have a carrier for them. So, just shop around for the end of season items and you'll save big. Good Luck and have fun!!

Robert Tonners Ann Estelle or Sophie is very nice and I think handleable but a little pricey. They are lovely though. About 10 inches tall and little girls you might be ablw to purchase fashions but making a few basics would be less expensive. Walmart carries a line of TOLLY girls which resemble American girl. The hair on these Walmart dolls can be a bit frizzy

yes, the Springfield doll collection. They are 18". My grandaughters have the American Dolls, but I buy the Springfield dolls clothes for them, because they are cheaper. I also have sewn a few outfits. Check out Michaels craft store, or online. good luck to you!!!! Gramma Sugie from NY

1 / 3