Douche HELP!!!

Ok ladies, this is really embarrassing. I think I need to douche but I've never done it before. I have a feeling I need to. Lately my boyfriend and I have been very "active" and now there is this slight odor. Is this what I need to do? Help me please!!!!!!

This has happened to me before after being more "active" than usual. I didn't douche to take care of the problem though. I took a daily (sometimes a couple of times a day) bath in Apple Cider Vinegar. Actually, I should clarify.. I put several cups of ACV in my bath water and the water was only high enough to come right above my legs. I soaked for about 30 minutes and by 5 days or so the issues "down there" were gone.

A. I agree with the other ladies dont douche! You might have an infection called Vaginosis its odd but i had it before here is a website where you can read about it http://womenshealth.about.com/cs/vaginosis/a/bacterialvag.... I Hope this helps i was shocked when i was told that is what i had but it is VERY COMMON IN woman from what my DR said!! But she gave me a Presp and it was gone!!

Douching washes out good bacteria you actually need there. You probably have a yeast infection and need to get it treated.

Get yourself to a doctor! The smell means that something is not right!

You don't need to douche. Fortunatley, your business down there operates like a self cleaning oven. To use some scented or even unscented douche will actually exaserbate the problem in the long run, as it washed out all of the good bacteria that keeps things like odor and yeast growth at bay. Look at whatever you are using for protection first, it may be the condoms (if your using them) or your body's reaction to lubrication (if you're using that..) if not - next step is to watch your diet. But, I strongly disagree with douching. Remember - self cleaning oven.

Like the last couple of posts, I've also heard to never douche. You might want to call your dr. just to make sure there's no kind of infection if washing with soap and water doesn't help. You might also want to take a shower right after having sex. Best bet...call your doc.

Don't douche Dr's don't recommend it. If you don't have money and can't see the Dr. (you can go to General Physician too) You probably have a yeast infection if smells bad, usually it's described like fish. Then you can buy a home test for Yeast Infection at the store (I think is called Yagisil and cost like $10) If the test is positive then can buy Monistat Cream to treat it. You will spend like $20-25 on total doing this. If the Doctors visit is around the same amount of $$$ then ask for Diflucan at the Dr's office. Is a single pill to treat Yeast Infections. I really like this options because you don't have to deal with those creams. They say it can take up to 7 days but I see results the next day (I guess all depends on how strong is the infection). Also, you can eat Yogurt because have the "good" bateria achidophillous that you private area needs. You can even put Yogurt in there (not internally) to help to grow the "good" bacteria. It's recommend it to be sugar free, but I have used the regular ones and worked as well.

well, if it were me, i don't know that i would douche; douching really messes with your body's natural processes & can do damage to the population of 'good guys,' so to speak. it could be beneficial to just avoid sugary & white-floury foods/bevs, drink plenty of water, change underwear frequently, and consider taking sodium ascorbate (a more bioavailable, buffered form of vitamin c) and a good probiotic (like HFS, Pharmax, GIProHealth, or Jarrow).
HTH!

Douching is actually not good for you. it strips your vagina of the good bacteria that its needs to keep itself naturally clean. if there is an odor there is some sort of infection or STD or yeast going on. call your Gyno and go in and have it checked out.

hth
A. J

If the odor is bad smelling you may have an infection, especially if you also have a discharge that is other than clear or white. Douching isn't good for your vaginal flora. You are more likely to make yourself susceptable to infection. You probably need to go to the docotor to get checked out especially if you are having sex without a condom. Venereal diseases are on the rise. Good luck.

1 / 3