Double Stroller - Double stroller for infant and toddler

I have an almost 2 year old and am due in August with baby #2. I have started researching double strollers and need advice. I am looking for something that is not too heavyweight, obviously one that will hold an infant carrier and possibly one where my toddler could sit/ stand although that is not a priority. Please send me some suggestions. Thank you for you help.

I love my Graco Duoglider. My kids are exactly 2 years apart and this has been perfect for us. They are not terribly expensive and if you search the internet you can find some pretty good deals. Mine is silver and black (gender neutral since I have a boy and girl) and it doesn't show stains. I think I paid about $150 for it online.

I have the Deluxe Sit and stand from www.onestepahead.com I have been quite happy with it. It isn't super heavy, but also not super light. It takes up about half the back trunk area of my minivan when I sit it upright back there. What I liked about it was there it a second seat, which you can take off and convert it to a sit and stand when your child is old enough. I have four kids, with the oldest being six, so with it as a sit n stand, sometimes I have three piled on there! my youngest in the front seat, one sitting on the bench seat and one standing! It has been good to us so far and I've had it for about a year and a half. An infant seat can go in the front seat and it faces you, which is nice, as long as your older child will leave the baby alone. Not all infant seats will fit though, so you have to be careful to buy one that will.

My 2 children were 21 mos apart in age and I purchased the Graco double stroller. It is a front-to-back version. I looked at the side-by-side, but decided those would be much too hard to navigate through places like stores where they make the aisles already so narrow. The stroller is lightweight enough for easy one-handed steering, and it collapses one-handed. I know some people like the side-by-side version, personally, I found, I just could not push something that wide, I liked having something longer. I recommend going to your local baby store and trying them out. Put your toddler in one to get a feel for them.

I was a little sad when I gave it to my friend who had twins. Now we're back down to the single stroller for just the all day excursions.

Good luck and Congrats!

I currently have a 22 month old and I am due with baby number 2 at the end of March. So we recently went stroller shopping, too. We tried out a bunch of different strollers. We tried the sit and stand and decided that our toddler would probably not like facing me the whole time in that stroller. The side by side we thought was too wide. We also tried out the Kolcraft double stroller where you can switch around the seats..we thought that that one was too wide and too much work to take out seats when storing. So we ended up buying the Graco Quattro Tour Duo. We like this one because our daughter could sit up front facing out. It has cup holders. Large amount of space underneath. Compact. Our carseat fit safely in the stroller. Nice shading from the sun. The only thing is that it is a little heavy...but it is a double stroller. This is just my opinion. Make sure that you try out different strollers on your own so that you will know what fits you. Good Luck and Congrats!!

My girls are now 7 & 9, so we haven't had to use strollers in awhile, but I remember the whole double stroller scenario. I had initally gone with the Eddie Bauer (I believe Graco made that) which turned on a dime, but it was so heavy, I couldn't lift it on my own. We went with a Cosco double stroller. It was a nice stroller, but I was so used to the single stroller, that it was difficult for me to get used to a double. We wound up just getting a 2nd Evenflo stroller for outings like the zoo and such when my husband and I went out with the kids. I would wait until your baby is born and test out the stroller in the store with both kids in it. See how it turns, how long it takes to fold it, if you can lift it. The lifting part is important - you will be in the parking lot loading 2 kids in the car and then the stroller. Sometimes the stroller won't fit in between the cars - parking spots are small today and vehicles are big. You might have to leave the stroller behind the car which means getting both kids out at the same time, into the car and then going back around to get the stroller in. Obviously, you're going to want one that you can fold, lift and put away fairly quick.

I have the Baby Trend Sit 'n Stand stroller and love it!

I have bought several strollers throughout the years during my pregnancy. I loved the peg perego but thought their double was too bulky. Loved the combi and actually had the single then upgraded to the double but I got tired of always having a double stroller and only one child in it. So when I had my 3rd child I looked for a stroller that was versatile and found the UPPAbaby perfect for my needs. Its like the bugaboo but without the bugaboo price and I love the fact that you don't have to remove the seat in order to fold the stroller. It has a carseat adapter so you can use it like a snap and go while your infant is still in the carrier but the best part is it has a double seat for your toddler that attached and detaches pretty easily. It's not the lightest of strollers but compared to the graco duo it is more compact. There aren't very many stores that carry them but if you go to their website they can direct you to a retailer near you.

I highly recommend the tandemn stroller. I actually bought mine at big lots for only 100 dollars but you can find them at the baby stores. They are a little more expensive though. The older child can sit or stand in the back and it will hold most any infant car seat. The only thing is until the child can sit up the older child has to stand because to hold the carrier the seat has to lay back. My oldest son LOVES this stroller. They are now 3 and 1/2 and 16 months, both still love the stroller. It is not heavy and we love it!! Good luck

1 / 3